AAA incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notos&w

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, the triple A is a fantastic light. However, IMO the AAA is an incomplete tool w/o a Berkely Point mini-clip. Together, this is the most versitile, useful and durable TOOL (its not a keychain fob to me) I own.
The clip is unobtrusive and infinitely useful. Whether it is clipped to my backpack chest strap to light the path immediately in front and beneath me or clipped to the top of a pocket to ensure it stays put, the combo is awesome.

Anyone else feel the same or am I alone in my opinion?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I'm not really a clip guy, but I do like one on the Arc so it can be easily detached. Can you get those clips separately, this_is_nascar? Thanks

-Mike

paulr

Flashaholic
I have a Mini-clip and like it just fine, but don't see how to either clip it to a backpack chest strap without it flopping around, or to the top of a pocket (as opposed to maybe a belt loop). Am I missing something?

Dave Wright

Enlightened
The BP site shows the Mini Clip's fixed loop on the Arc's split ring. I think many people use it that way too. I took a different approach after realizing that I have more flashlights than places on which I hang them. I have 3 clips - one each on my keychain, wrist lanyard, and neck lanyard with the fixed loop. Whichever light I'm carrying is then hung from the gated loop.

They are indeed a very nice accessory.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want some clips like that but smaller, anyone know of a source? I have found some on jewelry supply sites, but that are made of silver and gold so the price is $$$ and they won't be very strong.

sotyakr

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
Where do you get the Berkely Point mini clip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right here . Also check for periodic CPF group buys where you might save a couple bucks. That's how I've gotten my last couple batches.

I'm also sold on these little guys. Got a Arc AAA LE and Spyderco Ladybug II Mini Clipped to my key chain. Also perfect for clipping them on to my kayaking PFD.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Maybe i don't get something, but hardware store 79c mini-clips work perfectly IMHO. You can even get different sizes. Mine is stainless steel.

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
miniclip.jpg

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I have the Arc AAA both ways, clipped and clipless. The very first AAA I got has the clip and is still the one that I EDC and use every day. Over a year later the AAA still looks almost brand new... The rest of my AAA collection is clipless and I actually prefer pocket carry for my CPF 2003 edition AAA. I usually have the original AAA clipped on a belt loop and then add a colored AAA on neck lanyard when I think it will be useful. The BP miniclips are very nice and have always kept a few in reserve since I learned about them here. I have tried them on other things but I like them best on the Arc AAA.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Berkley Point mini-clips too, but I just lost my beloved ARC AAA due to having it clipped on a mini-clip. My keychain used to consist of my keys on a split ring attached to the solid small ring on the bottom of the miniclip, and then I kept my ARC AAA and Leatherman Squirt clipped onto the clip part of the mini-clip for easy removal if need be. Be careful if you carry your flashlight or knife/multitool like this! The Squirt and ARC would occasionally fall off the clip in my pocket due to moving around a lot, but last week I guess the ARC slipped off when I pulled my keys out to go through the metal detector at the guard shack at work (UPS).

Thanks to Brightguy, my replacement ARC AAA arrived two days after I lost my original, and I now carry my keys and keychain in a different manner. I now use one of the locking pear shaped links from Berkley for all of my keys, ARC, and Squirt. I can still unscrew the locking nut and remove anythiung if I need it, but it is a lot more secure. I still keep a mini-clip on the pear shaped link, but I only use it for clipping the assembly to a belt loop or temporarily attaching something else for short term use.

-Keith

notos&w

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I have a Mini-clip and like it just fine, but don't see how to either clip it to a backpack chest strap without it flopping around, or to the top of a pocket (as opposed to maybe a belt loop). Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

clipped to a chest strap, it does flop around. it doesnt bother me. however, if it did, i could just put it between the strap and my chest.
by clipped to a pocket, i meant in my back pocket beside my wallet, LED down. i clip it to the top of the pocket to keep it in should i pull my wallet out. it sometimes gets a little tricky to unclip but it has been fullproof in keeping the light from being lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.