Using NiZn battery in Fenix E05

What is your experience or expectation on using NiZn AAA in Fenix E05?

• Used it and worked fine for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used it and it burned the light

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oshokry

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Since I read that using 10440 in fenix E05 is risky and may burn the light within minutes, is it safe to use NiZn AAA in it?
The voltage would be only one third more than NiMH, and I hope to get one third more brightness.

Is this a good idea? Anybody tried it before?

Disciple

Enlightened
That is about the same voltage as the Energizer L92 Lithium AAA cells (Li-FeS2). It should be pretty easy to find someone who has tried those I think.

Last edited:

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
I have had very poor luck with NIZN. maybe they have improved them in the past year? No problems destroying the light but of the 4 I had 2 were duds that wouldnt hold a good charge and even the good ones dont hold a charge for long . I dont think they are very good for flashlights just my opinion. better off with NIMH.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several and have had good luck with them. They come off the charger at around 1.8v! I have not seen them for sale anywhere in a while though. I bought them at Big Lots, so they probably are not widely available. I would just stick to NIHM's!

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Sv: Using NiZn battery in Fenix E05

That is about the same voltage as the Energizer L92 Lithium AAA cells (Li-FeS2). It should be pretty easy to find someone who has tried those I think.

Energizer Lithium works fine.
I run mine on Eneloops but I have lithiums in car and bags as backup.

I have also gifted a few E05 and in those I put lithium batteries.

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sv: Using NiZn battery in Fenix E05

I could never find AAA NiZn batteries, and I looked. Like most, I have given up on the NiZn's.

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sv: Using NiZn battery in Fenix E05

Yeah BigLots had them like 2 years ago which is where I got mine . which means CLOSEOuT !!! cause they sucked :) the charger they supplied was a piece of crap also. each bay would charge differently and each cell also . I think the general public had too many reliability issues with them . Things end up at BigLots for a reason LOL!! :)