Cleaning LOTC

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know how to clean the portion of the LOTC that makes contact with the body? These LOTC include the E2e, C,Z, D series tailcaps. I tried removing the allen head screw but the dang thing just spins even if I put pressure on the tailcap boot.

CM

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will come apart it takes some presure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
use cotton buds or q-tips, or stuff tissue in and twirl it around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I had the thing on a vise, I wonder how much more pressure it will take. Q tips are too thick to fit in there to get at the "ledge" that makes contact with the body. I found that my LOTC's (both of them) has ~0.2 ohms more than the clickie on the L5 so I'm on a cleaning binge. It makes a huge difference on P91 lamp assemblies where the current draws are large.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM: i tried using tissue, and it works pretty well. twirl some of it into a pointy stick, then get as much of it stuffed into the tailcap as possible and twist it around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts