New goose neck lamp-quick look

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the CPF campout this last week end and Dorcy sent us a bunch of items to try out. One item I got was this neat led lamp. Came in a plain box- model # 41-9991. Check Dorsey website.

IMG_3164.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It uses 3 AA batteries, but also has a plug in adaptor..It has a magnetic base, and includes a plate.

IMG_3134.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Notice the nice bright round beam...great for reading or working without disturbing anyone else.

IMG_3169.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey, you can even use it for a headlamp with the metal plate under your hat!

IMG_3189.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like it...now if Dorcy will only tell us when it's available!

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review Bill !!
I love the fact that you can use either batteries or just plug it in.
I'm gonna have to pick one up for sure.

Looks like everyone had a great time, still bummed that I missed out on Ike's famous breakfast!

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately, every dropin + wire (gooseneck) headlamp I have made looks about this goofy. It is a shame too, since this design makes so much sense and can be worn along side other headlamps for double the output.

But I just can wear for fear that the Men in Black will come and take me away.

No specs?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bill - That I love your idea of a head-lamp! That desk lamp is available on Dorcy's website - it is item number 41-9991 (just type that number into the search area to find it easily. This cool lamp is currently on ssale for just $10 bucks!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Full specks photos and even a video is available on the Dorcy website, but here is some quick specs since it was asked for:

As per Dorcy: 240 lumens - 14 hour run time - 40 ft beam distance. Dorcy uses ANSI standards for all of their specs.

Lumens: 240 Run Time: 14 Hours Beam Distance: 40 Feet Bulb Type: 1 High Flux LED Batteries: 4 AA or AC - adapter included
Product Dimensions: 4.7" base x 11.00" Flexible neck Dimensions Head: 2.25" Also Available
Pink
Purple
Quick Specs
Lumens: 240
Run Time: 14 Hours
Beam Distance: 40 Feet
Bulb Type: 1 High Flux LED
Batteries: 4 AA or AC - adapter included
Product Dimensions: 4.7" base x 11.00" Flexible neck
Dimensions Head: 2.25"
Also Available
Pink
Purple

Last edited:

Disciple

Enlightened
Unfortunately, every dropin + wire (gooseneck) headlamp I have made looks about this goofy. It is a shame too, since this design makes so much sense and can be worn along side other headlamps for double the output.

One of yours?

CoVG8vO.jpg

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
A person could freak a lot of people out wearing that if they had a metal plate in their head!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim...thanks for getting the info: I just ordered 2 for Christmas presents. Total $17 !! and Free shipping. I love it!

Streamer

Enlightened
I used 30% off Dorcy code missyou30 and got one for $7 delivered.

I hadn't purchased from them in over 2 years..maybe that's why I got the code..dunno.
Code Promo was sent out around Halloween.

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, you can even use it for a headlamp with the metal plate under your hat!

IMG_3189.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like it...now if Dorcy will only tell us when it's available!

ROFL! Bender would love that headlamp!

This is my kind of goofy light. It's just too bad it doesn't have some lower levels.

Geoff

Good point, 240 lumens as a reading lamp is a little harsh. Perhaps a diffuser would help a bit... then again the pics and videos don't make it seem all that harsh.

A thousand thanks for this great Christmas gift idea and also for that coupon code ;)

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this lamp is anywhere near 200 lumens. I'd say 80 to 100. The specs also say 4 aa batteries, but this lamp only takes 3. It's a great reading light, I have mine set up on a 3 pound coffee can. That makes the height just perfect to work at on the kitchen table.

Ofccdave

Newly Enlightened
I assume that the ac adaptor is wholly separate from the batteries so no recharging, right?

Latest posts