Surefire 6PX Pro from Amazon

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Surefire 6PX Pro from Amazon in the mail today. The top of the plastic shield on the cardboard package had been cut open. There were batteries in the flashlight. Is this normal to receive a flashlight from Amazon when they include batteries? Would like to hear some thoughts before I contact them. Thanks !!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire lights come with SureFire batteries already installed. If the batteries are another brand then I would be a little concerned.

If the package was truly opened, rather than maybe being a little damaged, then it's up to you as to whether or not that is acceptable. I would not expect that with a product from Amazon unless you bought it from their warehouse deals section.

carrot

Flashaholic
It's probably simply most important to make sure you aren't getting a raw deal. I would be wary of a package that is already opened.

As 880arms said, your new Surefire will come with new, red Surefire batteries installed.

If you got the newest version of the 6PX (you should settle for nothing less, buying one these days), then it should have a spring deep inside the body at the head, as well as the newest emitter (there are photos somewhere online). If it's lacking either of those you should return it immediately and buy it from a more flashlight-savvy dealer.

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
Wish to thank 'american', '880arm' and 'carrot' for your quick responses. This is my first Surefire purchase and paid Amazon for a "new" flashlight. Needless to say, I am disappointed and am requesting a full refund. The plastic bubble protecting the flashlight was completely cut open at the top and the seal on the right side of the cardboard package had been slit open from top to bottom. Looks like someone had purchased it previously and returned and somehow got put back in with the new products. Have completed my request with Amazon for its return, printed the mailing label and headed to UPS in the AM. Will be purchasing another Surefire, but definitely not from Amazon. Thanks again for your input.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not affiliated, but B&H Photo/Video has been an excellent online retailer for me with regards to their Surefire products. Might be worth checking out.

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
cland72: Thank you for the heads-up. You are the 3rd forum member to recommend B&H Photo/Video. I have bookmarked there site and will be contacting them. Appreciate !!

ill_eagle

Newly Enlightened
At the local ace hardware where I buy my surefire stuff they open all there lights to put them on display so you can check them out. But still amazon shouldn't have em on display. I'd feel like it might have been a return.

Scionti95

Newly Enlightened
ill eagle: Those are my thoughts. I would like to think it was unknowingly placed back in there 'new' inventory and shipped to me. I understand human error can occur and am pleased with Amazon's return policy. I feel they are for the most part a quality company and wish to conduct business in the proper fashion. Sometimes things just happen. Was I disappointed? You bet. I was looking forward to receiving the new Surefire and then had to go through the task of returning it. That placed a burden on me over a matter that should never have occurred. Am I going to give Amazon another chance. Have to give that some thought. Thank you for your post.