AGH!! Zebralight H600FW does not fit Orbtronic 3400mAh batteries

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Just got in my new H600FW, and went to put in one of my batteries (I recently converted all of my batteries over to the orbtronic protected 3400's) and it would not slide in. I tried another, and another, and 16 more out of my stockpile ... all of them would have required serious force to be installed and would have never come back out again.

I happened to have a left over Tenergy 2600mAh cell still in my recycle stash and it slides in with no problem.

Has anyone else had issues with the H600FW with a 3400mAh cell? Did I perhaps get a bad light off the line, or is this light not going to work for me? Getting different batteries is not an option for me, as I made an investment in the Orbtronic 3400mAh cells for a number of reasons that best suite my use. I don't have any other lights where fit is even close to an issue, so I was very surprised when my cells would not fit in this light.

Last edited:

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Most likely only Sanyo and AW protected 3400mAh 18650s will fit then like with Malkoff bodies. This is normal...the Orbitronic batteries are out of spec.

Since the Zebralight has built-in protection, unprotected Panasonic 3400mAh 18650s would work great as well. That's what I plan to use in mine because they perform great and are dirt cheap.

I would suggest not keeping too many batteries outside of your lights. They deteriorate quite quickly, so it's kind of a waste if they aren't being used frequently.

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
[edit]....[edit]....[edit]....[edit]....[edit]

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
my EagTac D25LC2 doesn't like any of my Fenix ARB-L2 batteries. luckily i had a spare EagTac 3400mah.

Razzle

Enlightened
Good info.

I have a ZL H600 coming in a few days, and a bunch of Orbs,

Luckily, I also have a brand new pair of unprotected 18650's to feed it.

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
It is so close I am trying to think of a way to expand the chamber just a bit to allow me to use the cells. It is just off by microns ... I feel like if it was not anodized it would fit. Any thoughts as to expand it with out making rough edges that would cut into the protective wrappers? It does not look like the head is removable, so that could make things more interesting.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
You could remove the protection circuit from the batteries completely.