My Nitecore EC25 came!

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Got my package with my Nitecore EC25 in it!
Now, I'm not versed enough to offer a review per se, but I would like to offer my decidedly inexperienced view on my first impressions:

-Its perhaps a little too big and heavy for most folks as an EDC light. Thats not really so true in my case as I wear bib overalls almost always when outside doing whatever, or in the house for that matter and it should be no problem in the side pocket of the bibs. In summer, in shorts or light weight pants, than yeah, its a bit bulky. Will likely live in my Man Bag those times.

-The On/Off button blinks a blue light every three seconds to help locate it in the dark. I like that idea. I like that idea a lot! It is difficult to locate by "feel" however.

-Theres a pretty good learning curve on it, at least to me. There is one switch that by 1/2 pressing, or fully pressing, determines the mode, and theres 8 different modes. Turbo, High, Medium, Low, Ultra Low, Strobe, SOS and Location Beacon. I suspect I could get by nicely without the last three, but time will tell. Whether the switch is 1/2 pressed or not is a bit of a guess to me, but I believe with use I'll get better.

-You can tell, via the Power Indicator light built into the switch, the remaining battery power, and also the battery voltage. That seems like a nice enough feature, but how practical it really is remains to be seen.

-Came with a nice, well made holster with belt loop and ring attachment, extra O-rings, and a lanyard.

-No-Roll design is a simple, but surely useful touch.

-Cooling fins are conspicuously large. I like that too.

After dark, I headed outside. Now, to some of you grizzled old timers on here, it may not be impressive, but I surely was! It was raining a bit so I didn't wring it out or take pictures yet but I was tickled at the brightness, far and away the brightest flashlight I've ever owned. It illuminated a pretty wide area, which is exactly what I wanted, but also seemed to have pretty good throw, despite the fog and misty rain.

As stated, the world of high performance flashlights is all pretty new to me, but at this point I'm liking this unit a LOT!
Me heap big happy happy!

viperxp

Enlightened
Congratulations on your purchase. That was also my first really good flashlight.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
-You can tell, via the Power Indicator light built into the switch, the remaining battery power, and also the battery voltage. That seems like a nice enough feature, but how practical it really is remains to be seen.

I've found this to be very accurate and practical.
Also, if you don't want to use the "soft lockout" procedure, you can loosen the head slightly to lockout the battery :thumbsup: