New Niwalker Nova MM15, 2xMT-G2

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
IMG_2437.jpg

A brand new light. And here is a review:
http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/t...eries-nova-mm15-2-x-mt-g2-5233-lumen-max.html

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened
I like that light.

You aren't the only one.:thumbsup:

I really like the fact that Niwalker release engineering samples to get feedback before releasing a final shipping version - feedback that they also take on board.

This looks like a little monster. The German review suggests that it might be release before xmas, but I would be surprised - the FA-02 took some months going back and forward to reviewers before final release. No problem though - that single MT-G2 light was well worth waiting for, and this one looks just as good. Twice as bright, of course, and less than half the size. Nice.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
If you like floody lights, this guy is about as floody as lights get. Awful distance, but amazing area lighting for about 100 yards. I really like it.

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Wow, 5000 lumens. How far we have come in a very short time. You used to have to go with an HID with a huge battery pack to get 2500 lumens not that long ago. Just amazing!

Bronco

Enlightened
Boy, is that ever compact for a 4x18650 light. And imagine what the runtime might be at the low setting of 10 lumens.

easilyled

Flashaholic
If you like floody lights, this guy is about as floody as lights get. Awful distance, but amazing area lighting for about 100 yards. I really like it.

It would surely not be that difficult to add a reflectorised XP-G2 or XP-E2 to the 2 MT-G2s for some throw too. Maybe this is worth recommending to Niwalker while the light is still at prototype stage?

Dubois

Enlightened
It would surely not be that difficult to add a reflectorised XP-G2 or XP-E2 to the 2 MT-G2s for some throw too. Maybe this is worth recommending to Niwalker while the light is still at prototype stage?

I would imagine Niwalker have put a lot of development into this light, and that changing the reflector would not be a trivial change.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It would surely not be that difficult to add a reflectorised XP-G2 or XP-E2 to the 2 MT-G2s for some throw too.

Not at this body length.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but why are the batteries held/carried like this? Wouldn't there be one less thing to break if you just inserted the batteries into the body?

The battery carrier design reduces weight and cost/labor.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Never mind... The beamshots in the second review are much better.
Too bad turbo time is so limited or it would be a nice light.

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened
I'm not sure I could bear the amount of light that turbo puts out for more than a few minutes.:devil:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Just got this monster little light. :eek:oo:. Size comparison with Zebralight S6330.

The handle is not attached which is good for me because, that will be the first to be removed.
The light comes with holster, o-ring, lanyard and allen wrench with two screws to attach the handle.

First impression, it blows my S6330 in terms of brightness. :faint:.