Anyone here ever relese a ballon with their contact information on it in the air?

Frijid

Enlightened
I was bored and browsing on wikipedia and came across the "message in a bottle" section that told famous stories about people who had thrown a message in a bottle into the ocean, only to have it discovered many years later, so i got to thinking, if anyone else here ever tied a message with your contact info on it, and ever got a reply from it? I did once in school, and never got a reply, so it got me wondering, i'd like to know where it wound up.

anyone ever do that with a ballon and got a reply? or have you ever found a ballon with information on it? If so, what was the furthest away you've got a reply from?

or if you've done the message in a bottle before and got a reply, lets hear you're stories on them also!

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've been involved in releasing weather balloons carrying an electronics package to transmit hight and temperature information as well a a beacon signal to allow finding the balloon after it burst and falls back to earth.

Not quite what you asking but fun all the same.

Norm

Frijid

Enlightened
Do you recall on what the normal range of how far they went, or the furthest away you've ever had to track one?