Batteries corroded in my Olight Baton S65

RSnatch

Newly Enlightened
So I went a while without using my Olight Baton S65, and when I did after a few months, the 6 AA batteries had corroded. I ended up ruining the body of the light in the process of removing the tail cap and inner battery housing.

The XML bulb and head is still good. Does anyone have an idea on using that bulb with other flashlight parts to create a functioning light? I hate to see the bulb go to waste.

On a side note, Duracell is sending me out a $40 debit card. Thumbs up to Duracell!

BillSWPA

Enlightened
While not really an answer to the question asked, I have recently had several devices either ruined or in danger of ruin from leaking alkaline batteries. I learned about Eneloop NiMH rechargeable batteries by reading this forum, and recommend switching to them for AA and AAA lights. Lifespan is comparable to alkaline, they do not develop memory, they can be recharged about 1,500 times, and they do not leak. There is a reason so many people here like them. Getting started will be a small investment, but you will ultimately save $ not only from not buying batteries but also from not having stuff ruined by leaking batteries.

RSnatch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, but I actually have been using those for a couple of years after having learned about them here on CPF. However, I have a long way to go to buy enough Eneloops to power all of my flashlights. In fact, I just got my employer to invest in a few hundred if those Eneloops, and of course our annual battery budget has decreased significantly.

Tiresius

Enlightened
This is why NiMH is recommended in flashlights. Alkalines ALWAYS leak when left inside a flashlight for a while. Eneloops, Rayoloops, Duraloops, Enerloops...Whichever you buy, they're all pretty much the same but rebranded. Just get a I4 charger and you're golden. I have had a pair of rayoloops in my laptop mouse for over a year and they're doing well with no leaks or memory loss.

RSnatch

Newly Enlightened
So, no one has any advice on how I can utilize the bulb from this ruined device?

Tiresius

Enlightened
So, no one has any advice on how I can utilize the bulb from this ruined device?

Duracell is supposed to replace the entire flashlight for you. It's their product that failed, not your flashlight. Contact Olight to see if they're willing to do a warranty replacement. IIRC, they're 10yrs?