Malkoff M30W & High Low Ring?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posed the following question to Gene Malkoff.

I have an MD2 and am running a Malkoff M30W in it. Will the MD2 High Low
ring work with the M30W?

His response:

The h/l ring was designed for use with the M6x series so I really don't know. Might be a question for the forums.

Has as anyone used a h/l ring on their M30W? I would like to know before I try it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not with hi lo ring but I've used it with mce2s before. Different but same idea I suppose.

Good luck!

Glow_Worm

Newly Enlightened
It works, but the Low is quite low. With a M30W I measured something like 5700 lux on High @ 1 meter versus 55 lux on Low (with an 18650).

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the mode spacing is fine on a m30w with a hi-lo ring and a 18650. dim, but not too dim.

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
something else to consider. With my M31L and a High/Low ring installed I can only get to low by turning the light on in high and then twisting the head to low. I cannot start up on low. Its a quirk that would require a different resistor to fix i believe.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the info guys. I don't mind a low low so it looks like this will work for me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm late to the party, but: I'm running a M31LL on two AAs with a high/low ring and it works fine. Very, very low, but more than enough light to navigate a dark bedroom without waking anyone up.

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
do you have the same quirk as I do Tmedina with having to switch to low by turning on in high and switching to low from there?