Nitecore EC25 lanyard

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Is this actually the recommended way to attach the factory supplied lanyard to the Nitecore EC245?
Using the spare O-rings seems kinda contrived, but I don't see a drilled hole attachment point on the light either?
Can ya help a guy out???

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I had not seen that!
Just tying it to the clip seems a bit contrived frankly.
Plus, I don't use the clip.
I guess its via O ring or no lanyard!

Kabible

Enlightened
The lanyard-to-O-ring worked well for me so I posted that picture in an EC25 thread. I don't like using the clip either. I chose fat O rings plus another one near the tailcap to help position my fingers.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest you save any spare o rings you got with the light for the intended purpose and buy extra for your lanyard application,whizz into an auto shop and get a couple to fit the body,charge will be just cents or even nothing.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest you save any spare o rings you got with the light for the intended purpose and buy extra for your lanyard application,whizz into an auto shop and get a couple to fit the body,charge will be just cents or even nothing.

Good idea. I decided to forgo the lanyard all together, but I liked the feel of the O rings a lot. I saved the factory rings, and used a couple that came from the original locking nuts on some Lee reloading dies I have. I replaced the dreadful Lee nuts with Hornady split-ring nuts, so I four O rings just sitting around that happened to fit fine.

Last edited:

RIX TUX

Enlightened
The lanyard-to-O-ring worked well for me so I posted that picture in an EC25 thread. I don't like using the clip either. I chose fat O rings plus another one near the tailcap to help position my fingers.
the big o ring probably is safer to use than the clip, (mine) doesn't seem like the clip is very strong-easy to pop off.
I dont feel secure at all when holding this light, it seem too smooth-not grippy.

skeeterbait

Newly Enlightened
I made my own lanyard out of paracord and a slider. I looped the paracord into the rear groove and sewed it into place. Not removable but it suites my needs and seemed a lot better than attaching it to the clip which I don't use and has a tendancy to pop off if you do.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took some work to get the pieces sorted out to work properly... but it's all good :thumbsup:

11414248655_d8d807cd1e_o.jpg

slab288

Newly Enlightened
Now that looks perfect so the question is where can I get a SureFire lanyard and ring suitable for the EC25? I'm in the UK by the way. slab288

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that looks perfect so the question is where can I get a SureFire lanyard and ring suitable for the EC25? I'm in the UK by the way. slab288

I believe solarforce sells a copy of the SF ring. But you'll need to insert a spacer ring about the same thickness (may take some fiddling) as the lanyard ring, in the tailcap end (over the spring) to complete the circuit. I cut a coil from a large spring and stretched it to fit tight.