Dorcy Hockey Puck: Half lantern-Half Flashlight!

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a recent item I got at our CPF campout. We named it the hockey puck. In its collapsed form, it has an aspheric lens and works like a flashlight with all spot- no spill. THen you twist it open- and its the coolest camping latern ever!
It uses 3 AA batteries and lasts 20 hours. Model # is 41-6522. I couldn't find the lumen rating
or the exact cost. Around $15 I think. I'd guess its 25 to 40 lumens.

IMG_3137.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3141.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's too bright to be left on all night in a tent, but it was a great getting ready for bed light. In fact, I left it on as soon as it got dark, and my tent was nicely lit up from a distance.

At home its a great portable light...or even an emergency in the car light. You could easily see to change a tire, or look under the hood.

I'll update this if I can get more specifics.

glowbug123

Newly Enlightened
Wow Donn you went and bought all of them including the display!!

are we looking at stocking stuffers for the family?

96Cobra

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking this might make a good nav/marker light for my kayak as well as a lantern for inside my tent. Are these online only or did you find them in B&M?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would have to e-mail Dorcy...I don't know why it isn't on their website, except as a 12 pack...wish I could help, but we got these at our campout, but with no info .

wjv

Enlightened
72 lumen on high for 30+ hours (which implies that there is also a low setting). One of the reviewers @ LL Bean stated that it has 2 brightness levels. I'm guessing that those are emitter lumens. .

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bill for your input. It goes low, high, flash mode. THe low and high are not far apart in output. It's a nice light...dorcy has a 30% deal someone found. (missyou30) I e-mailed Dorcy for info...no response yet.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Donn you went and bought all of them including the display!!

are we looking at stocking stuffers for the family?

LOL, I was ready to mention something about buying the whole display!

These look real sweet all in all!!!