Dorcy Headlamp with amazing throw.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got Dorcy headlamp, model 41-2097, at the recent CPF campout in NJ. It's only a $16 lamp at Amazon, but does it ever throw for an inexpensive light!

IMG_3144.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It uses 3 aaa batteries. Very light, and it has 134 lumens. It acts more like a flashlight. It throws a tight spot with a decent spill. No problem 75 to 100 feet. Now its rated for much further than that, but this is usable distance.

IMG_3161.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Its very light and comfortable. Tilts almost 90 degrees down. Since it has a short lens, it does not reflect into your eyes..even if you wear glasses. Several of my headlamps do this, and I have to wear them over my cap- or hang them under my neck.

IMG_3149.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The spot and spill are very clean. It has a high, low and strobe. The low is only about 20% less than the high. These are the only weakness. If this light had a lower low, and no strobe- it would be headlamp of the year! I still like it a lot. There is also a model with a diffused output. 41-2096.

If you've always wanted a headlamp that throws decent, but didn't want to spend $100- this is it!