Nitecore mt26 strange behavior

DBRS

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys

I noticed today that my mt26 is stuck in one output value.
Namely all mods (turbo, high, med, low, sos and strobe) have same light output!
I can cycle through mods (I have sos and strobe) but output is somewhere between turbo and high. (I don't have capability to measure exact lumen value, but value is constant for all modes)
This issue happening with cell that measure 3.16v. When I insert cell with 4.11v everything work as should be!

Does anyone from you guys who posses mt26 have similar issue?

Yagon

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys

I noticed today that my mt26 is stuck in one output value.
Namely all mods (turbo, high, med, low, sos and strobe) have same light output!
I can cycle through mods (I have sos and strobe) but output is somewhere between turbo and high. (I don't have capability to measure exact lumen value, but value is constant for all modes)
This issue happening with cell that measure 3.16v. When I insert cell with 4.11v everything work as should be!

Does anyone from you guys who posses mt26 have similar issue?

Sounds like the low discharge protection is kicking in to stop damage to 18650 cell .

DBRS

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like the low discharge protection is kicking in to stop damage to 18650 cell .

Hi Yagonam :wave:

Thanks for response!
I not quite sure is that the case, because light didn't turned off, I just couldn't access any other light intensity but this between turbo and high, as I explain in previous post. Or I might not understand how discharging protection work.

swan

Banned
Your battery is flat, every light has a minimum forward voltage depending on the driver used. Rather than just turn off when the voltage is low, it will stepdown to the next level [ eventually to the lowest output] so u arent left in the dark. 18650 cells should be kept between 4.2 full - 3.7v min for longer service and proper light function and output.

DBRS

Newly Enlightened
:thanks:
Guys, thanks for your responses!
The thing that confuse me is that light was not at the Low as should be expected if battery is exhausted. Flashlight was stuck in light intensity much higher then Low (between Turbo and High) and I couldn't select to lower output.
I use protected batteries with Panasonic NCR18650A 3100mAh cells. Is there possibility that there is interference between flashlight and battery protection?

swan

Banned
Im a bit confused- you said your light works fine at 4.11v but stays on the same output at 3,16v[flat], what happens when the battery is kept at 3.7v-4.2v range?

DBRS

Newly Enlightened
Im a bit confused- you said your light works fine at 4.11v but stays on the same output at 3,16v[flat], what happens when the battery is kept at 3.7v-4.2v range?

Works fine!