Which rechargeable batteries do I use for the sc600 mkw

jakepen

Newly Enlightened
Do I use button tops or not?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dss_777

Enlightened
I think you're asking about the Zebralight SC600 MkII warm model? All the 18650 ZL's can take protected or unprotected cells, since there's built in low-voltage protection. No need for "button top" cells. The contact springs will work with just about any 18650 battery you want. Some of the ZLs have a problem with protected cells that are too long, AFAIK, but I'm not sure that's a problem anymore.

If you haven't already, review this: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?349198-ZebraLight-SC600-MkII

LEDburn

Enlightened
My Orbtronic 3400 protected cells are way too tight to fit in mine.

This has been mentioned before and I think it was concluded that orbtronic cells use a protection device which is in fact larger than what the specs state.

As far as I know both the Orbs and Zebralights' own 3400mAh cells are the same cell. That leaves the skin or protection circuit at fault for it not fitting. I haven't got my SC600 Mk2 and I didn't order the ZL cells but I have no doubt the cells I do have and the cells they can supply will have no fitment issues.

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
This has been mentioned before and I think it was concluded that orbtronic cells use a protection device which is in fact larger than what the specs state.

As far as I know both the Orbs and Zebralights' own 3400mAh cells are the same cell. That leaves the skin or protection circuit at fault for it not fitting. I haven't got my SC600 Mk2 and I didn't order the ZL cells but I have no doubt the cells I do have and the cells they can supply will have no fitment issues.

I ordered the 3400 cell and the ZSC600WII mkII directly from Zebralight. The Cell fits fine. It is a little tight on the sides though. no biggie :D

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
i take it back. ONE of my Orbtronic 3400 batteries fits in smoothly. i tried another one and it was tight half way through. i decided not to force it.

sam7

Newly Enlightened
I have two different Orbtronic 3400 batteries that fit my SC600 Mark II just fine. Apparently your results may vary. Great batteries, by the way.