Stop insect itches with Surefire

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
My friends were discussing how to deal with insects bites from mosquitoes and sandflies. One idea is to apply heat web page like using the lighted end of a cigeratte or using a heated spoon. I don't smoke but have my surefire 9P/P90. Tried it and it works, relieving itch I mean. My friend do it all the time with an M2/P61. It should be hot enough. Not with the L4 though.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, I thought you meant using the agressive knurling to scratch the itch!

GregR

Erik Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I found that heat really helps. My best solution is a hair dryer on low power. It may not be as fun a flashlight, but it sure does work (feels like scratching without the negative side effects). I have to treat poison oak every once in a while.

Erik.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Twenty six degrees and snowing here. Not itching from insect bites.

Thanks, and remind me again next summer please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am the friend of tankahn who treated itch using the M2 with P61 bulb. I onnce had a bite from a mosquito just beside my right eye and a massive swelling ensued. A treatment from my Surefire M2 solved everything and my skin lived happily ever after.

I used this method frequently to treat mosquito bites and also bites from sand fly.

Andy Ho

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah sandfly bites itch really bad...i always end up losing the battle and scratching off all my skin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif