First 123 Powered Flashlight... I need help choosing one.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm expanding my horizons a bit to now include flashlights powered by 123's. So here are my choices...

Surefire G2 (possibly with rechargeable batt, please post if you own one)
Surefire E1 or E1e (What's the difference? Is worth the price difference?)
Other suggestions (Please... under ~ 50 dollars.)

I already had the Legend LX, so no need to suggest that again.

Since I really don't NEED this flashlight
wink.gif
I'm just looking for a few things:

1. Brightness
2. Long Runtime
3. Coolness Factor

What do you think?

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Your 1. and 2. conflict.
wink.gif

G2 with rechargeable batt (and body extender) would put you over the $50 mark, unless you meant that weird battery stacked 2 high to make a 123 sized rechargeable, as found on... some website I can't recall.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Onyx:
Your 1. and 2. conflict.
wink.gif

G2 with rechargeable batt (and body extender) would put you over the $50 mark, unless you meant that weird battery stacked 2 high to make a 123 sized rechargeable, as found on... some website I can't recall.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, I mean the actual Surefire extender and battery. All right, that's out.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might get the KL1 later (if I get the E1/e), but that's a whole other thread.

What's the difference between the two (E1/e)?

Tombeis

Enlightened
I carry the E2e with the KL-1. and use it constantly. It's easy to carry and with the KL-1 it's economical to operate. It fits the ripoffs CO-124 holster with either bezel installed.

I may be worth saving up for the extra cost.

No matter which 123 flashlight you chose, I believe you will like to here what Greg Atwell of Brightguy just told me. " The price of Surefire 123 batteries is coming down" So you will saving even more in operating costs in the future.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I love the tiny size of the E1/KL1, and it works great as EDC, without pocketclip. See if you can find the older E1 as a closeout item.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get an E2-HA. You can find them for $57 including shipping and extra batteries at LPS. Or Strategos has E2-black for $55 with the discount and free shipping. If I were you I'd just save up and get the E2E-HA for $67 at Strategos.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i would suggest looking into the pelican m6...it isn't a surefire, but should compete quite well with the e2/e2e. also, it is quite a bit less than $50.

kev1-1

Enlightened
The E1e has Hex bezel; pyrex lens; only comes in HA and the clip is fixed to the body...so you don't lose it when you add the KL1.
The E1 has none of this...though you can get in in HA, and some people (not me) prefer the lack of Hex bezel!

I think thats it!
smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the E2x first it's a bit above $50, but if you can spare it, it'll do well... You can choose to get the KL1 head later on. And if you're worried about the cost of 123s, or want rechargeables, you can opt for some Copia Li-Ions after that...

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rothrandir:
...it isn't a surefire
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for a Surefire.

I've narrowed it down to a E1e or a G2. The G2 is so cheap, but the E1e is SO small...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I would have to see and fondle a G2 before I would buy one. I have seen the E2 next to the E2E and I VASTLY prefer the E2 for looks and logistics. To me the E1 and ARC LS with one 123 look entirely too short and fat for fun.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
My G2s, E1e+KL1, and E2e. I usually have the E2e with the G2 bezel though, until I get the C2 bezel from Darell. Of course, you'd need the E2C adaptor from Dat2zip.

fcb2307d.jpg

fcb23081.jpg

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I'm not going to read these silly posts by conflicted people anymore!!! We're all really ill when it comes to buying flashlights - you'll buy a light and that will be your gateway to another.

There isn't an end to the affliction. I'll start paying attention again when someone says that they're getting ready to buy their LAST flashlight.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you already have a Legend LX, then I would consider the M3.

This is one that is on my "wish list". I already have a Legend LX with a P61 mod (really nice, btw!)

I am waiting for the Stragos people to come out with their stuff first, before I purchase an M3.