SupBeam X60 Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
this light in absolute JUNK! do NOT buy this light. its flimsy, rattles and poorly made. the magnetic charging system is an absolute JOKE! the magnet does NOT stay on the charging port. it has virtually zero magnetic force to hold it. if you just touch the wire to the magnetic charging port it just falls right off. same thing for the car charger magnet which makes it absolutely worthless to take in the car with me to charge it. I had to place a piece of tape over it to keep it from falling off. junk!

the on/off switch at the rear of the light just doesn't work worth a chit cause the light is top heavy and therefore really awkward and unbalanced to hold and turn on/off. the switch needs to be up front like Olight has it. the light is similar to the RC40 but much lighter.

I have been charging it for two days now and the charge light is still showing RED. its just cheap poorly made China crap is what it is. the light is bright no doubt and throws further then the SR96 simply because it has less spill and more of a hotspot. batteries rattle around inside it.

NOT impressed at all. ill stick with Olight for now on.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sup Beam was the manufacturer of Thrunite lights.
And Thrunite me likes!
Therefore you must be wrong.
Or everything is bong.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
"this light in absolute JUNK! do NOT buy this light. its flimsy, rattles and poorly made. the magnetic charging system is an absolute JOKE!" "its just cheap poorly made China crap is what it is." "NOT impressed at all. ill stick with Olight for now on.

Wow... I've been waiting for someone to provide a hands on review of this light. Based on this I'll be avoiding it like the plague now. I'm going to wait until a reputable manufacturer comes up with something new.

Seems as though some companies are just taking advantage of our never-ending need for more lumens and just pumping out high priced junk. Shame on you, Supbeam! No wonder their products haven't made the mainstream U.S. market.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
this light in absolute JUNK! do NOT buy this light. its flimsy, rattles and poorly made. the magnetic charging system is an absolute JOKE! the magnet does NOT stay on the charging port. it has virtually zero magnetic force to hold it. if you just touch the wire to the magnetic charging port it just falls right off. same thing for the car charger magnet which makes it absolutely worthless to take in the car with me to charge it. I had to place a piece of tape over it to keep it from falling off. junk!

the on/off switch at the rear of the light just doesn't work worth a chit cause the light is top heavy and therefore really awkward and unbalanced to hold and turn on/off. the switch needs to be up front like Olight has it. the light is similar to the RC40 but much lighter.

I have been charging it for two days now and the charge light is still showing RED. its just cheap poorly made China crap is what it is. the light is bright no doubt and throws further then the SR96 simply because it has less spill and more of a hotspot. batteries rattle around inside it.

NOT impressed at all. ill stick with Olight for now on.

Ouch! :duh2:

It does not sound good at all how you are experiencing your X60 light. Besides of the things your unhappy with,it sounds like you tested the flashlight outdoors. Are you an owner to a RC40 as well? If so-how do you think that the beam and longdistance throw was on the X60 compared to the RC40?

HIDSGT

Enlightened
And Thrunite me likes!
Or everything is bong.
what exactly am I wrong about? I actually own an X60 and have tested it have you? I gave an honest review about what I like and didn't like and the only thing I like is the fact that it is bright. well, at 5000 lumens it shud b bright. I got an email from SupBeam today and they stated they were having a manufacture problem with the magnetic charging system and a problem with their supplier. am I wrong about that too? but why send an inferior part to a paying customer if you knew it was a problem? thats cheesy and grimey!

I tested it at work under real life conditions and the light just isn't well made. the rear button just doesn't work with a light that has such a large head and therefore top heavy. it wud work fine on a shorter light but not a long light. and one of the things I forgot to mention is when I grip my SR96 it has a solid feel to it with that new grip design and its definitely NOT slipping out of my hand. the SupBean X60 just has ur typical smooth surface and if wet cud surely slip out of ones hand when running with it do to rain or sweating from a hot humid day.

I gave the light to one of my Sgt's to try at work tonite who happens to be into lights just like I am and the first thing he stated was what's ratting around inside? thats just not a good sign when thats the first thing someones comments on. its actually the battery that doesn't sit snug against the top portion of the light and rattles a little bit. is that a huge deal? no, but its just one of many things I didn't like about it. I'm not hear to promote or bash anyones product. I'm just given a review of what I personally observed.

even the head just looks like cheap plastic. maybe they did that to save weight IDN but it just doesn't have that fit n finish of an Olight or Fenix or similar products. and needing two hands to switch to strobe or a lower setting just doesn't sit well with me. I like havn one switch that controls everything but thats just me.

I did test the Fenix RC40 and I wud say that this light is FAR brighter and better in every way except quality. the throw seems to be similar but the hotspot is just way brighter at longer distances and really does light chit up very far away. compared it to the SR96 and it was far superior in throw but of course lacked the spill and within about 50 feet in any direction the SR96 is far superior which is where I need a light to be most of the time.

we tested the SR96 against the X60 tonite and lit up the side of a 10 story housing project and it was obvious that the X60 just threw considerably further and you could really make out what color the bricks were on the side of the building. the SR96 did of course light up a much larger area but in terms of throw the X60 was far superior and just appeared far more intense. I would say as far as pure light throwing performance this light is very impressive with a very nice hotspot. I do question how long it will last based on my overall impression of quality and functionality but time will tell I guess.

I think it has the potential to be a very nice light but its just not in the same league as other similar throwing lights. far better choices out there imo.

and btw, i do plan on sending both the SR96 and X60 to Vinh for an upgrade and a demoing on the 96.

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
And Thrunite me likes!
Or everything is bong.

It's just a poem- don't be so defensive!!! This sucks, I was kinda hoping this light would be good, but something about the very slow release and reluctance to hand over to reviewers made it suss. Thanks for posting!

HIDSGT

Enlightened
Of course, but a $300+ should be good to go out of the box.
exactly. or at least have working parts that you know are not defective when being shipped out. that tells me that they didn't want to lose the order so we will just ship you the damaged or useless part and we will ship you out a new one IF you complain about it like I did. there is just no excuse for that other then greed!

titanium758

Newly Enlightened
hey

i have the X60 too , is very very bright ! i post some pictures overview into the blf as andreasp ! mine is charging correct no issues with that , i notice that the magnet on the charger is not to strong but they will resend an update one with stronger magnet!

mention the battery carrier issue also you listen some rattling when you shake the light but the light is working fine ,some guys they don't want to listen anything is a mater of taste and no matter of quality issue ! some manufacture they use battery packs like olight and now fenix and nitecore too for prevent this but battery pack are more expensive than common 18650 cells and some other manufacturers they wrap the battery carrier with plastic wrap to avoid rattling ex:spark sp6 ! supbeam most probably they are going to fix this into the next manufacture line because am sure they read the forums!

Magnetic ring is working smooth and fine but No standby mode on it , with standby on magnet ring is going to help to use the light with one hand like the RC40 ! i spoke with Supbeam and they considering a standby mode !

Reflector is nice and smooth ,clean and shine . lights up a very big aeria and trows the light far away too! it is bright it make my skyray king,terminator u3,niteye30 looked underpowered when you switch it on next to the x60! other guys they have the SR96 and RC40 they can compare it better !

that's all for now!

thanks for your time! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like this light isn't worth getting at all in stock ~$300 form. Rattling batteries, unbalanced, no standby, problems with magnetic charger, and unknown specs.

titanium758

Newly Enlightened
Seems like this light isn't worth getting at all in stock ~$300 form. Rattling batteries, unbalanced, no standby, problems with magnetic charger, and unknown specs.

rattling when you shake it , so what ? is not switching off by e little bit or rattling so is not a problem ,, its matter of taste!

unbalanced who say that ? also matter of taste !!

No standby so what again : a nice option that they didn't think about to add it and they consider of it because of all flasholics !!

charging port , mine is working not so strong magnet but is working: this also is bean solved ( bmw.mercedes,roles etc ) they do recall campaigns too!

unknown specs : why unknown specs? there's a lot of info into there web page

am not doing the devil advocate relax guys!! :)

HIDSGT

Enlightened
rattling when you shake it , so what ? is not switching off by e little bit or rattling so is not a problem ,, its matter of taste!

unbalanced who say that ? also matter of taste !!

No standby so what again : a nice option that they didn't think about to add it and they consider of it because of all flasholics !!

charging port , mine is working not so strong magnet but is working: this also is bean solved ( bmw.mercedes,roles etc ) they do recall campaigns too!

unknown specs : why unknown specs? there's a lot of info into there web page

am not doing the devil advocate relax guys!! :)
first of all its not a car its a flashlight. there aren't a 100,000 parts involved like there is on a car so its quite easy to identify problems with a flashlight BEFORE putting it into production or worse shipping it out to customers when there are known quality and control issues.

matter of taste? if you bought a car and it was rattling as it went down the road after you drove it off the dealership brand new would you find that acceptable? I doubt it! its not taste it's quality or lack of… and anyone there at supbeam who had to test this light before shipping it out would have surely discovered how useless the magnetic charger is. of course it works but thats not the point. the point is, is that its defective and doesn't work as it should and useless while trying to charge in a car which makes a CAR CHARGER kinda useless considering I need a piece of tape over it to prevent it from popping off…. and they knew it was defective but shipped the light out to you, me and whoever else. thats grimy!

unbalanced is not a matter of taste either. no light this size and weight is going to be balanced enough to operate an on/off switch from the rear and one is not going to hold the light from the rear which also makes the momentary on/off function useless cause again ur NOT going to be holding a light from the rear ur gonna want to move ur hand down to balance the light. you are going to slide ur hand up closer to the front of the light so again its BALANCED in ur hand as your holding it and pointing it. if one wants to turn the light off they have to walk their hand back to the rear in an awkward manner to locate the switch again which in reality takes (2) hands to do just as it does to switch to strobe or lower the power. you CANNOT switch to strobe or a lower power level with ur thumb while holding the light and turning the ring. the ring is not designed to do that.

and not to mention the rubber around the on/off button is CHEAP thin rubber and it isn't even centered correctly SMH! and the feel of the on/off button is flimsy and too soft. more quality control junk! look at the Olight on/off switch. its a large solid thick piece of rubber not some thin cheesy piece of crap that resembles my stream light from 20 years ago which wore out and had to be replaced more then once!

and one more thing I had to manipulate the car charger usb port in order for the charger post to fit inside the charger that plugs into my car. it was uncentered and I had to get a small knife to play with it for a couple minutes or so so it would line up so the usb plug would actually fit inside it and connect. again, more JUNK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.