Question about the ArmyTek Predator

wjv

Enlightened
I have a question about the ArmyTek Predator.

When I go to the ArmyTek website I find the following:

Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2 (Warm)
Maximal light output: 640 LED lumens
Beam distance: 350m
LED: Cree XP-G2 R4
LED Tint: Neutral White 4000K

Output levels and runtimes:
640 lm (1h 20min), 190 lm (7h), 67 lm (20h), 6 lm (155h)

When I look at this light:

Armytek Predator v2.5 XP-G2 (Warm)
Maximal light output: 640 LED lumens
Beam distance: 350m
LED: Cree XP-G2 R4
LED Tint: Neutral White 4000K

BUT!

>>> Output levels and runtimes:
>>> 640 lm (2h 50min), 190 lm (7h), 67 lm (20h), 6 lm (155h)

I am Confused. :confused: The lights seem identical except for the UI. So why should the run times on high be so different? Unless one is a typo. . .

Can any ArmyTek owners tell me which is the real number?

If the shorter run time is correct, then I may have to look at the Viking instead. Though the Viking's hotspot is 10 degrees, while the Predator's is only 5 degrees.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The predator pro uses true constant current regulation, meaning it will maintain maximum output until the cells can no longer maintain the current and it shuts off.

The regular, non-pro model uses STEP regulation, meaning the output will gradually step down from max output by small but discretely measurable amounts. This means the light will last longer on high but will not be putting out the full advertised output.

Check out Selfbuilt's review of the two lights for more information.

wjv

Enlightened
Thanks!

You nailed it. This is the response I got from ArmyTek:

Armytek Predator Pro v.2.5 XP-G2 is rebranding of Armytek Predator v.2.0 XP-G2.This Pro version has a fully programmable settings and full time constant brightness (it means that there is flat runtime technology which enables to emit a bright and constant light even the battery is almost discharged). 5 modes: sos, strobe, beacon, firefly and constant light. It's operated by head. Armytek predator v.2.5 is operated by tail button. This Predator has STEP brightness. The new latest generation driver enables the flashlight to have a long runtime and have constant light for each runtime step.
You can see more information about the rebranding here http://www.armytek.com/armytek-news/product-news.html

The main difference between these two lights is in operation, that's why there are different run times on modes.

Predator Pro v2.5 - 670 lm (1h 20min), 200 lm (7h), 70 lm (20h), 6 lm (155h)
Predator v2.5 - 670 lm (2h 50min), 200 lm (7h), 70 lm (20h), 6 lm (155h)

These numbers are correct.

Contact details deleted. Please see Rule 12. Reposting Private Communications = Norm

Last edited by a moderator: