How do I complete the SureFire games?

Minimoog

Enlightened
I have a failed SF light and am trying to contact them. However I get to the bit about 'proving I am a human' and have completed all manner of tasks, putting lemon into a flask, completing a snowman etc.

But even though I have completed the games I fail at the next set of games which have a flashing Facebook and Tweet boxes flashing and also a feedback box. After failing this section I am told I am not a human and am thrown back to the start. Then there are pop-ups wanting to be opened - but these again just return me to the start.

Really, this is too much. Playing games with no rules just to get a question to service. I have spent the best part of an hour writing about what I need and playing games, all a waste of time.

So, please can someone tell me what I need to do to complete the Facebook 'game'? I really want to get my light fixed!

Minimoog

Enlightened
I understand why they want to "prove" someone is human before allowing contact but those "games" can be a pain.

PM sent with some contact information.

Thank you kindly. Last time I contacted SF for a new U2 tailcap it was a pleasure indeed. Click on 'contact us', fill in the details and a new cap was was posted to me the same day. Not sure why SF have adopted this method, well at least they should put the games first so when you lose you don't also lose what you typed.

Minimoog

Enlightened
I'm in the UK so it's a bit awkward to call them. I have sent them a message so at least I have got through. Thanks again.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the UK so it's a bit awkward to call them. I have sent them a message so at least I have got through. Thanks again.

Last time I was in Germany calling US support, I found that $5 of Skype credits went a long way towards making things work. Much cheaper than an international call, anyway.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Last time I was in Germany calling US support, I found that $5 of Skype credits went a long way towards making things work. Much cheaper than an international call, anyway.
I used to use Skype for local calls in Australia, but also found it allowed me to ring US toll free numbers :)

Norm

Minimoog

Enlightened
Unfortunately Surefire have not replied or come back to me concerning my email. The company must have changed tact since 2009 when they were so easy and pleasant to deal with. The lifetime warranty is kind of moot if customers contact is ignored.

archimedes

Flashaholic
A brief search of many similar threads may reveal the collective wisdom of this forum that, for the most responsive customer service at SureFire, it would appear to be best to call them ... ;)

Really.

:devil:

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
i can understand your frustration about being across the pond but completely forget about email & phone them. you can trust me on this.

you could get old waiting for an email response. buy a calling card or use skype & be done with it.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
As suggested above, try Gmail or Skype and the 800 number should be a free call, possibly...

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks. Call them I will then - I always get stressed and tongue-tied when making transatlantic calls, perhaps a glass of sherry will calm my nerves.

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
Send a postcard or letter. Be succinct, direct, and polite and I bet you get what you need. Of course provide all contact information and specify mailing address to use for any parts you're requesting.

I've always used the phone, but it's only a 3 hour time difference as I'm on the east coast. However, I've found that letters still work and really don't take that long.