problem with zebralight site? advice?

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hello guys. So, after tons of reading, questions, etc.etc, I finally ordered my sc52. But, the vendor didn't have the batteries, so I am trying to order the batteries from the Zebralight site for 3 days now. Every time I place my order, it says credit card can't go through right now. Contact us.
So, this is now my 10th message to them. Every time I message them to tell me whats going on, i usually get an automated response that says "make sure credit card info matches billing info and shipping info perfectly, or it will not work." So, did that 10 times now, and still no luck, just keep getting the same email from them.
Now, I just grabbed my friends credit card and gave him the cash, and guess what?
Whole new name, card, etc.......Still says check that info matches correctly. I am getting very frustrated right now, as it seems nobody else has any ZL 14500's in stock or the extra clip with screws. And, i was gonna get a headband for 5 bucks just to see if it fits the SC52 for fun, hey, only 5 bucks.
So, any advice what I should try? I am having absolutely NO LUCK with Zebralight's site, and its getting just ridiculous now. I even asked them to contact me by phone for payment.

No such luck so far, after 10 messages and 3 days of getting "credit card error" messages, even though I KNOW the info is correct, i must have typed in the info too many times now to not get it right!

Thanks guys for any suggestions.....

Dave

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
I had that same problem on a different site. Nobody knows what's the reason for this. In a case like this I use Paypal. Why don't you?

Lite-On

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem on Zebra site earlier in the week. I ended up using paypal and all went well.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
One option is to go to lighthound.com, pick up an AW battery, maybe some NyoGel lubricant, check out the Glow in the dark stuff (GITD), or whatever. As I recall, the shipping wasn't too bad.

On an unrelated website, I was using a computer that I had never ordered any products on before, and got the same message about checking the info. Perhaps it is the company verifying credit cards that is to blame, regarding the ZL website not accepting your credit card.

Last edited:

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Ok, update...... So, after a bunch of messages, finally got a phone call, and everything worked out fine. Thanks guys.

dave

Last edited:

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Now that i think about it, i do need to make sure my cc was not charged more than once, but I think I'll be ok. Cheers
dave

Last edited:

bukkero

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have now a similar problem as OP. I tried to order a flashlight from Zebralight this past weekend and always got back "Your Credit Card cannot be charged at this time. Please try again later or contact us for additional assistance".

A few days later, I called my CC-Company and learned that I was charged 5 times by Zebralight. For each of those failed order attempt (But still not even one order showing up - the flashlight remains in my shopping cart)

I wrote them, but two full business days later still no reply from them. Are they usually that slow in responding?

bukkero

Newly Enlightened
Not in Texas. ;-) (I believe that's where their customer relations is at?)

FWIW: I did get a reply now, but sadly only the same automated response that OP got a bunch of times - to verify my personal data, to use another card or paypal.

Ironically, it makes little sense to check my personal data, because I ordered successfully from them only 8 weeks ago, so now I just re-used my accountdata and the same credit card.

Slightly frustrated for now, cuz I have only one CC (CC-use is not that common in Germany) and refuse to use Paypal.