I Returned my TK41 because of dark greenish center in hotspot. Help!

pebbles

Newly Enlightened
I want to use my 8 enloop AA batteries for an everyday performer, but after reading many posts here, I realized I, too, have a TK41 with a dimmer center in the hotspot that was pale green. Because I knew that this would ultimately bother me, I returned it. Shouldn't this be the most intense part of the beam ideally?

I don't really care if I replace it with a 2x, 4x, or 8x AA configuration, but I do want a beautiful AA hotspot where the center is the brightest. I would also like a warm or neutral tint. I presently have an LD40 which manifests hairlike artifacts in the hotspot. I may end up giving this to my brother with a complimentary set of energizer NiMh because he is far less picky about such things. I don't like the aesthetics of the Nitecore Caveman, so that may eliminate my 8x AA unless the hotspot is great. There was an Outdoorsman caught my eye but in these forums reviews are mixed.

I have a H602 Zebralight which covers my floody, warm needs. I have ordered an Armytek Predator Pro 2.5 neutral for single 18650 throw (33,000 Lux). Now I just need an everyday light that can either throw well or be a combination of throw and some spill. I would not be interested in another floody.