Help with creating Pila FAQ questions.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am hoping that some CPF memebers can help me with frequently asked questions. If you have a Pila 150s or 168s battery question that you can think of, please post it. If you know the answer, that would be nice to. If you also know an answer to a question asked by another member, and answer to it would be great as well.

Thanks for any help any of you might be able to give me in creating this FAQ page. I hope to have it posted on the internet monday evening

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
The basics: dimensions, voltage, mAh, and will it explode in use. (and if so, will it be an impressive explosion or just aluminum-melting fire)

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
the most helpful thing in my opinion would be a reference list of which batteries are known to fit which flashlights. Which batteries go with which chargers. When I went to the Pila site it was really confusing. I suppose some of it will be your own trial and error with lights that you already own provided you don't sell most of them funding this enterprise. Good luck Jon!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
are there any more questions???
I will be comming up with answers to these and will put them on the website.

Heck

Enlightened
Not just question on runtime and compatibility, but effective brightness with each combination.....most people like me already know such and such batt will work with such and such light, but what would be the brightness compared to it's CR123 counterparts? Also it might be confusing as to why the P168S works with the L4/L5 with full brightness while it won't with the 6 Volt incandescent...atleast at the beginning...so an explanation on that would be great...same for the L6 and 9V apps.

Perhaps another question...will the Pila underdriving cause less life to a incan bulb? will it stress too much the boost circuit in a L4/L5 scenario?

That's all I can think of for now....

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the questions people.

Any other questions people would like answered on the page?
I am also do a search for questions on Pila on CPF.

And if anyone has answers to questions asked here. Feel free and share your knowledge with us.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Information about where I can charge my batteries. For example, charging cells in series -- on a smart charger like the Maha 777+. I can safely charge multiple Pilas in series but it would be very dangerous to charge naked cells in series.

As I think about it, some reference to the kinds of protection the Pilas give (short circuit, overcharge, others?) would be helpful.

Paul

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is great,
I will be learning more about this product in trying to find the answers to these questions.

If you have any knowledge on Pila Batteries, please feel free to chime in.

jtice

Flashaholic
My main concern when looking these up was....

The 3x123 size is NOT 6V !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif [EDIT} I mean 2x123. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif oops
Whats up with that?

Isnt th runtime going to be alot less than 2x123's?
And even the power output?

In other words, yes they are rechargable, but it seems that I will be recharging them alot more than changing batts.

I would use them in a L4 or my x3t PR Mclux.

Which leads me to this question. I assume I can use two 1.5 size pila's to use in a 3x123 light.
But, if i had a mod of some sort, could I combine a 2x123 and 1.5X123 size to make a 4.5 size pila batt?

--- Good luck Jon, hope everything goes well for you.
These things are alittle pricey, in my cheap eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
But I figure I will end up getting a few anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
please keep comming to me with the questions, and I hope some one can provide some answers. I will be putting these on the webpage soon.

Thanks bunchs.

If I can get a good list of questions and answers started. It would be a great help to me.

Thanks all.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
run time would be nice jon! such as how it compares toi reg 123,s

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know we have some great modders here, so how about some Pila mod questions. I don't know if you'll be able to find these questions on the web but here it goes.

How do these work with direct drive luxeon star mods? I assume that because they are lithium-ions that they will give lots of current to the luxeons?

Also, is there a risk of these batteries leaking? Will they be okay if stored in a light and put in various environments with varying temperatures?

Thanks, and good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif