mini maglite pro project

Brad1971

Newly Enlightened
hello all i'm putting a pressure swich in the tailcap of my mini pro & so i went to google to look up what model i have by model # IP2PLPH with no luck so i try the part # 155-000-249 still no hits . this is what i have its a red mini maglite pro with S# PG000378733 im trying to find what guts are in this light like is the led a cree & if so what one is it & what driver is in it , what kind of volts will it goto befor i smoke it. just somthing running in my head about this lite id like to know what im starting with. i just wonder how many dif models are out there of the mini mag pro?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a mini mag lite pro. It's rated for two (2) alkaleak or Energizer Lithium cells. You can get away with NiMHs or even NiZns. You might sneak one (1) 3.2v LiFePO4 in, but probably no 3.6v Lithium-Ion cells.

Don't pressure switches just change where the control button is? I think you'll have good luck with the dozens I found with quick google search

Come to think of it, all the ones I find seem to be discontinued. I do not think the Mini Mag Lite is a generally good candidate for a weaponlight. Mine don't take well to shocks, especially towards the tailcap. If I drop mine tailcap-first (Like recoil would do), mine always loosen the tailcap enough to need hand-tightening to turn on again.

Brad1971

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply; the mini pro twist head is going to be set for the best throw & I'm going to isolate the spring from the tailcap & put the pressure switch between them for on & off . i like this set up on my 17 hmr rifle it has no recoil & the mini pro is good out to 100 yards right now but id like togo just little further.