Fenix E11 beam question

Shedlight

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks. Longtime listener, first time caller.

I just bought the newer-version Fenix E11. Nice light, but I have one question: The general color of the beam is nice and white, but the center is amber/yellow, and has almost a swirl pattern to it. Is this normal?

Thanks!

HIDblue

Enlightened
:welcome:

I've got two E11's and mine are pretty much the same as you describe. It's far from having the best beam pattern, but I like the small size, form factor, and simple UI (user interface). I don't notice the pattern too much during actual use outdoors.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I have the newer version of the e11 in silver, and the beam on my light doesn't show any amber or yellow. I EDC this light, and really like its beam for use indoors or in the yard. The beam is very similar to my Serfas True 250 bicycle headlight.

One nice thing about the silver version of the e11 is that the color doesn't show wear from keys the way some black lights do.

pinetree89

Enlightened
My E11 doesn't have the most pretty beam, and it does exhibit the swirl you speak of. But for the price of the light, along with the awesome form factor and good runtimes I tend to overlook it most of the time.

In actual use i do not notice it. It's only when white wall hunting that it is really noticeable to me.

The E series is Fenix's economy line, they get you a great light for a great price. If you want roughly the same form factor with a better beam, and more bells and whistles step up to the LD12 and you will not be disappointed.

Just tonight I sent my 12yo son out on his scout camping trip with an E11. Bulletproof design, no glass to break, and good runtimes. If he loses or destroys the light I will be sad for 30 seconds and then probably order another. ;)

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I have two older E11's and 1 of the New E11's. All three lights, the beams are very nice for a small light. But, the new E11 has been a favorite for me since I got it a few months ago, as the beam and tint is really perfect on mine. Not one little artifact (other than some scratches from dropping on the lens), and a perfect round almost pure white hotspot and spill. Now, maybe I just got lucky, but like I said mine is darn near perfect in every way. I would suggest keeping it if its not bad, but I am more than happy with mine. It actually surprised me when I got it and still to today, just how nice a beam it really does have. I hope this helps, if it matter that much just return it for an exchange. I use this light every single day of my life, but now with my new SC52w, i don't think I will be needing anything else for edc for a long time. Good luck

dave

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked my E11 and I have beam artifacts the OP mentioned.

That said, it works well enough for my purposes and I'm not a wall hunter at the best of times. If it really bothered me, I'd see about hiring one of the custom modders to swap out the LED - but I'm not that motivated. :D

mikemild13

Newly Enlightened
I just got the new version last month. The beam shape is not as great as I had expected. It shows the swirls as some of you have mentioned and the spot makes it seem that the LED is off center. There are also multiple rings which are only noticeable when spotting on a wall. Not the best light but it's still a good light for it's intended purpose.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E11 has an uncentered hotspot and I think it's the same as some other experiences here. But it's the same with my Surefire E1L and E2L AA, so one can't complain in this case about a budget light like Fenix E11.