Got my first EDC flashlight!!

firefightingjosh

Newly Enlightened
Picked up at Fenix PD32 today:) Seems pretty nice, but time will tell. A question though... Say I have a PD32UE Head, can i screw that head right on to my PD32 flashlight and now have the extra lm? I am a total newbie at lights, so forgive me if that is a stupid question.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! I don't know the exact reasoning, but no it does not work that way.

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Congrats on your purchase I hope u r enjoying it, as for size no not really its stilll tiny so not really.

PD32 is 127*24
PD35 is 139*25.4. You won't really notice the thickness at all unless your looking for it it will be a bit longer but still nice and small.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
PD32 is 127*24
PD35 is 139*25.4

PD32UE is 138*24 - Same width as the PD32, (about) the same length as the PD35.
For that extra 110 lumens and 30m of throw in almost the same-sized package, I'd take the PD35.

firefightingjosh

Newly Enlightened
Thinking of bumping up to the pd35 now.. Anyone know why just swapping the head won't work? The tube appears the same size...

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Thinking of bumping up to the pd35 now.. Anyone know why just swapping the head won't work? The tube appears the same size...

Most lights are not "Lego-able". Slightly different tubing diameters or threading depths or threading pitch or style, different electronics, different switches. It goes on and on.

Some SureFires are and some meant to be compatible with SF. Foursevens Quark series is all lego-able. If that's important to you you might look at an equivalent Quark like a QP2L-X with burst mode and it is quite a bit smaller than the PD3x but doesn't take 18650 batteries.

firefightingjosh

Newly Enlightened
Was able to toss a pd35 on to my pd32 body! Works great:)
du4a8ere.jpg
qavynagu.jpg

Sorry for poor quality. At Pizza Hut with buddies So only have crappy iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjv

Enlightened
Why would you want a PD32 UE? go up a level to the PD35

Maybe because the UE is neutral white instead of cool white. .
Maybe because the UE is smaller than the 35 so it's easier to pocket carry. .