SUREFIRE 6P

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened
I am waiting on the arival of my new surefire 6P. I am an Electrician and plan on using the 6P at work. Can anyone give me some feedback on the light? Thanks Pete

paulr

Flashaholic
It's one of the all time classics and you will love it. Normally though, it's best to get feedback before buying the light and not after /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. In any case, you'll find out for yourself soon enough.

oldeng95

Enlightened
If you get hooked on that light, u should try moving on to leds...
Does electrial pay good in your location?
PAUL

fivebyfive

Enlightened
Well, I think you will be more than happy with your purchase. The stock lamp P60 (65lumens) can be replaced with a higher output lamp P61 (120 lumens), but this will also drop your burn time down to 20 minutes instead of an hour. A clickie switch might be handy, since you can click it on permanently with one hand, instead of twisting it on. Kinda annoying sometimes. I know this may not matter now, but have you thought of getting a G2? It's made of nitrolon and is non-conductive. Either way, be prepared for a bright, bright light coming out that flashlight. Enjoy your new flashlight and start saving up for your next flashlight purchase. You don't know it yet, but you'll get the urge for another flashlight soon.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Did somebody say next flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Let me be the first to recommend the ARC LSH-P & the ARC AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something else that is great with the 6P is that you can add a body extension that will add room for another cell and turns the 6P to a 9P and gives you 105 Lu for the P90 LOLA and 200 Lu for the P91 HOLA.

For super-long run time, you could use the KL3 LED head.

And there is a Turbo Head as well for looooong throw.

Heck

Enlightened
ibewno3,

What are you using your 6P for? I know you wrote electrician work, but will it be up close work such as dealing with switchboxes, wiring etc? or lighting up dark buildings or places trying to locate the wires to begin with.

It seems everyone here is talking about the HOLA and high lumens options......but if you're using it for up close work, the P60 bulb and beyond is wayyyy to bright.

For that type of work I would try out a L4 since I like SFs, but perhaps an ARC will better suit you.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
now that you've gotten a 6P, you might want to get a KL3 head for it. if you hadn't already ordered a 6P, i would have recommended you get an A2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
One accessory I would definitely recommend for your line of work is a shock isolated bezel. They cost around $20 and can pay for themselves easily. They are slightly longer than the stock bezel, but they will protect the lamp assembly from shock if the light is dropped or the like.

As for feedback on the light, 6Ps are great lights but it comes down to a matter of personal feel for most people. I prefer Streamlight Scorpions and Surefire G2's for everyday use, but like my 6P because of the interchangeable parts. If you don't like the light when it arrives, you can always sell or trade it in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Also, if you are concerned about the cosmetics of a light, the SF G2 is made of nitrolon which will not show wear in the same way aluminum will. Hope this helps.

-Mike

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!!!!!! I never expected so many responses. I will be using this light mostly on new constuction sites. Not for close up work, but for overall bright illumination in dark areas of the building. I am a union Electrician in N.Y.C. and the guys will be very impressed with this light. The standard light on the job is the mini mag light. It cant compare to a surefire in any way. thanks for the feedback.

Samoan

Enlightened
You might also try a 9P/D3 with the P91.

Now with that you can get some light into the dark areas.

I love my 9P for security work when I need to light up a fence line but don't have a true spot-light with me.