• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: MD26E Triple-219 drop-ins - High-CRI

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Hi, folks!

For sale are two MD26E Triple-219 Drop-ins. The drop-ins are hand made and designed to perfectly fit Solarforce hosts, like the L2, L2N, L2m, L2P or P1D, using unprotected or short protected cells (NCR18650PD recommended).

Some details:

• LEDs are soldered under slight pressure onto a copper MCPCB without dielectric (perfectly centered)
  • Hand selected LEDs with perfectly matched Vf (+/- 0.002V)
  • LED-MCPCBs is glued using a diamond thermal adhesive (80%+ diamond by weight)
  • Carclo 10511 optic for a flawless beam
  • Whole electronic potted by a diamond thermal adhesive
  • Best PTFE sleeved silver plated oxygen free copper wires (22 AWG) - Soldered with best Mundorf Silber/Gold solder (contains silver and gold)
  • Made of one piece of Aluminium
  • Solid contact for low contact resistance
  • Low-voltage and reverse polarity protection
Both drop-ins are equipped with my new circuits and a new 3+1 interface.

If the light is off for more than 1sec. it will always start in a moon mode (1lm), but if you circle through the modes while it is running you'll get only into low-med-high. To get into the moon mode again, you have to switch off the light for more than one second.

The moon mode lasts for over 900 hours with a stable output over the whole runtime.

SOLD: The Price for one drop-in is $100, plus $8 for registered international shipping with tracking. PayPal fees are included.

MD26E-Tri-219-01_zpsa2bd9c49.jpg

Same as above but with flash.
MD26E-Tri-219-02_zps2a89ee4b.jpg

MD26E-Tri-219-03_zpsa2a1dd14.jpg

MD26E-Tri-219-04_zpsfcff88af.jpg

Last edited:

syracuse

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: MD26E Triple-219 drop-ins - High-CRI

I'll take the second one.

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: MD26E Triple-219 drop-ins - High-CRI

Both are Sold. Thank you guys!:)

Have sent the payment details. Pictures of the parcels and the tracking numbers will follow via PM!

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the interest and sorry for the late reply! :)

Any chance you will make more triples/quad?

Yes, but the next batch is already sold or partial reserved.

From this batch, the following drop-ins are still available:

• 1x quad XP-G2 R4-5A4 (4000K, neutral white, with a high amount of red)
  • 1x triple 219 B10 SW45 (4500K, Ra 92, High-CRI)
  • 2x triple XP-G2 R5-1A (6500K, cold white)
  • 3x triple XP-E Red

Regards,

Vinz

Marten

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinz.
The triples are running at 4amp and the quad at 5amp? If so and if pricing is similar to those sold in this thread, please may I have the triple 219 and a triple 6500 as well as the quad 4000k?
Regards,
Marten.

Last edited:

JohnF

Enlightened
I'll take the last triple 6500 please. Just confirm that it is available, runs at 4a, and explain UI in 24 words or less, and I'll paypal funds. Thanks.

Marten

Newly Enlightened
My apologies for jumping in here Vinz... No, these modules are purpose built for Solarforce hosts and thus they are slightly longer and wider.

Last edited:

Alje

Newly Enlightened
Hello Vinz
Do you have a website/online store or do you only post/sell through CPF?

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, Marten! :)

Correct, 4 amps on the triples and quad 219 and 5-6 amps on the quads with XP-G2 LEDs. But you need a cell with low internal resistance to get the 4 amps out of a triple 219. The Panasonic NCR18650PD or the Samsung INR18650-25R are such cells.

Hello Vinz
Do you have a website/online store or do you only post/sell through CPF?
No, I only offer them if I have some left. Sorry.

Also, I can't build as many as I would like to. Because I'm only using LEDs with the same or almost the same Vf on multi LED projects. As example three 219 groups:

LEDs-Selektiert_zps3b2832b2.jpg

For the last 11 quad drop-ins I had to order 90 XP-G2 LEDs to get such groups with a comparable low and almost identical Vf. So quite pricey and not really worth offering them, if I consider the build time and all the effort on these hand built drop-ins.

Best regards,

Vinz

archimedes

Flashaholic
....Excellent build quality and tint ... what is the max drive current on the N219 triple ?

Archimedes, I asked Vinz the same question and he indicated 3.8 amps.

....Correct, 4 amps on the triples and quad 219 and 5-6 amps on the quads with XP-G2 LEDs. But you need a cell with low internal resistance to get the 4 amps out of a triple 219. The Panasonic NCR18650PD or the Samsung INR18650-25R are such cells....

For the last 11 quad drop-ins I had to order 90 XP-G2 LEDs to get such groups with a comparable low and almost identical Vf. So quite pricey and not really worth offering them, if I consider the build time and all the effort on these hand built drop-ins....

Thank you very much.

As I mentioned above, the hand-selected LED binning on these are really fantastic ... best N219 tint among all of my lights so far :)

Even if these are only available occasionally, your work is certainly appreciated here !

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow 90 leds ordered and tested!

great work and dedication vinz :)

please let me know if you build anymore quad xpg2 neutral - I would be interested!