can someone make me a light?

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a 2-C mag body with either a 1W or 3W LED. It needs to use C cells and not 123's because of cost factors and limited run time. I don't need redicously bright, but I need extended run time. I nice white bin is a given (no yellow or green or blue tint). As far as optics, not sure if one is needed, I need a light that will give off a very broad and even flood type of light for close up work. What kind of run time could I expect from 2 C cells, or 2 D cells?

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Yes, i would recommend the Elektrolumens Blaster III 1R for 2D size, 24 hours of brightness and a great unique (in that its different from a Mag) torch.

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
yeah I was thinking about the blaster but I wanted something in a 2C size body which is a better balanced and easier to handle to me.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it's pretty easy to do the mod yourself if you want...

all you need is a mag, hotlips, led, and converter...

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
Yeah you did Charlie, but have you ever tried using your SNII to look at something only 3 feet in front of your face? Can't see didley for the next few minutes as you're temporarly blinded. I love the 2C mag, it's the perfect size for me but I want a nice broad even light that will burn for hours on end not minutes. Is a converter really needed? The Inretech AA has no converter and operates on 3V. would a 3W run direct drive on only 3V?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes. And you could simply remove the head for extremely even floodlighting (but keep the light pointed forward, and ahead of the plane of your eyes so as nat to be affected by the copious sidespill)...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
running dd on 2d will underdrive the luxeon.
it isn't "needed" but your light won't be as bright without one. it sounds like that's what you want for this application though...

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my 3D mag with the reflector removed from the head. The head provides a great shield from all those extra photons and allows a perfect flood from the emitter. It will also have to do until I figure out how to make a simple flood reflector for it.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Beretta1526 said:
I've been using my 3D mag with the reflector removed from the head. The head provides a great shield from all those extra photons and allows a perfect flood from the emitter. It will also have to do until I figure out how to make a simple flood reflector for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thin sheet metal - use a little metal polish.... or if you really want to go cheapo, you can use some cardboard and tinfoil... or an old funnel and tinfoil (cut the ends to fit).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps a BB sandwich with mcflood would work better and be smaller? Woulnd't have C's but no one makes a slim head C yet..

rodfran

Enlightened
I agree with IsaacHayes. I have a minimag with a madmax and the mcflood. It gives a nice even flood that is not too bright for close up work.

The BB would give you a nice long runtime on AA`s that are cheap and available eveywhere.

I have mine in one of those nite ize head bands for hands free operation. By the way, the Microilluminator will also fit in the smaller sleeve of that same headband for lightweight operation.