surefire x-mas present from wife..what to choose

leng

Newly Enlightened
Ok gents/ladies, wife said I could get a new toy. I have several E2E's, 1 M2, and 1 C2. I'm torn between an A2 and an M3. The A2 would be a nice mix of led's and incan. The M3 would be a 'cool' toy. I currently use the C2/P61 for on duty work and the M2/P61 is on the bedside table.

This is obviously, not paid for by work, so using it for that purpose would be my own choice/cost. Any help or opinions would be appreciated.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Re: surefire x-mas present from my wife.

But leng - does this mean you don't have and don't consider getting the L4 ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Jan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

leng,
Welcome to CPF!
I think you would get much more use out of the A2 if you use it for EDC. If you used the M3 for duty you could increase your runtime with the M10 or go to the M11 for 225 lumens. I can see why you're "Torn" between them. I would normally pick the A2, but since you don't have a 3 cell light and you do have a few 2 cell lights and you're using P61s in two of them I think I'd go with the M3.

SUREFARC

Enlightened

So Leng, you haven't got any led lights? The A2 and the M3 are both great lights and I got them both. If you have to choose between them, I'd say the A2 first. I bet your gonna love the leds in it. Also like Jan mentioned the L4 is good too. I just recieved my L5 and it wowed me.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i was going to get an A2 initially, but i tried to put it off by getting an M3...i ended up trading my M3 for an A2, which i still EDC now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif only problem with the A2 is you might find your C2 and M2 redundant after you get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leng

Newly Enlightened

Thanks guys it looks like most of you would choose the A2 first. Out of curiosity for those who have an A2, how would it compare to a M2 with a standard p60 bulb? Is the 15 lumen difference noticeable?

machulu

Newly Enlightened

The regulated A2 is whiter in color temp. As far as beams are concerned, the P60 has a tighter hotspot so it throws a bit farther. You won't notice the 15 lumens difference too much if you're indoors but you will appreciate the P60 when used outdoors.

If you're looking for a new EDC than the A2 is great but if you want a new toy for the holidays, The M3 is very very cool. The M3 will always be one of my favorite lights.

~Stephen

SUREFARC

Enlightened

It's mostly the beam color. The A2's beam is much whiter than the M2's, but the L5's is even much whiter.

leng

Newly Enlightened

A couple of you have mentioned the L4, great..
throw another light into the possible choices.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Assuming she gets me the M3 and satifies my original post.
Now I want a new light, my own present to myself.. But after discovering Sean's flashlight page.. there are just too many choices.. L4/L5..A2... So many lights.. not enough money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let me understand this...you wife is going to get you a light for Christmass and in addition you want to get a light for your own present...to give...to yourself???

LOL...if she does get you a new light...and it sounds like she will...maybe you should get HER something new. Just so you will be alive to enjoy your new toy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

leng

Newly Enlightened

Yea that about sums it up :p
And yes she's getting something nice for x-mas.. it comes in a little blue box.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
Let me understand this...you wife is going to get you a light for Christmass and in addition you want to get a light for your own present...to give...to yourself???

LOL...if she does get you a new light...and it sounds like she will...maybe you should get HER something new. Just so you will be alive to enjoy your new toy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

leng

Newly Enlightened

I decided on the M3 from her, and I bought myself an L5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Addictive hobby you guys have... :p