Eagletac d25a clicky mode memory

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
I'm under the impression that in the d25 line, this is the only light that has no memory for the tier one brightness settings.

Am I mistaken?

I was about to buy this light but with only turbo and moonlight available as "first on" modes I will refrain. If I wanted a light to come on low all the time I'd buy a malkoff.

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
No, you are correct. It comes on in high when the head is screwed down all the way, and either of the 2 lows when it is screwed out. Works great for my application (air traffic control room) where coming on in low is perfect.

Best of luck.

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Johnny. Had to be sure. Is strange how this one feature renders so many lights useless to me. I'm so upset that malkoff has no memory. Otherwise it's the perfect light for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Not sure why they don't put memory in the A when they do the C but that is the case. Personally I turn it off in my C anyway as it's only purpose is to turn the light on in med - given head tight is high and head loose is low and there are only three levels once turbo goes away. Some folks no doubt find the memory useful or it wouldn't be there in the C. But I prefer the head loose long half press returning to low which memory disables and I end up in blinky modes.

supra1988t

Newly Enlightened
The problem with the memory on the d25c imo is you will eventually cycle into the strobe modes and then have to cycle through all 78 (slight exaggeration) of them to get back to low. with no mem a simple click/half click/half click gets you to high quick enough.

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I got a d25a2 in the mail. Tested it out and reboxed it. That mode memory is garbage. I don't understand the manufacturers and why they don't have simple mode memory in these lights. If not for that the d25 series would be amazing. Same way with a lot of other lights, at least for my needs. I just need a quick peek with a medium brightness, for it to fit in my pocket, and to run on batteries I can find in every house in america. Beyond that its all luxury. Fenix ld12 wins in my book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk