Surefire l4

ultimase

Newly Enlightened
Oldie but goodie.

Manage to find this light in the back of my drawer in pieces from 3 years ago when I had planned on upgrading the emitter. Managed to get the head apart with a lot of leverage and improvising from what I can remember. Just loosely put it back together and charged the battery up and it still surprises me on how bright it is. With the mc2e switch it puts out some very usable light for tasks as well.

Well time marches on and led technology at this point has pretty much left this emitter in the dust. I've been reading about possible upgrades and was wondering if any can be done fairly easily by myself at this point. I know the p7 would require me to open the opening on the reflector a bit, which I am hesitant, and I believe my other options I'd have to rewire the emitter to run differently.

At this point I'm sure the surefire l4 is pretty much a distant memory, but is anyone else still working on them? if so what are my options?

Thanks.

ultimase

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is a LuxV, one of the older models I'm afraid. Icarus are you still doing these mods?

And I hate to ask, but does anyone know of anyone in the states? I find I'm a bit hesitant to ship items overseas.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it is a LuxV, one of the older models I'm afraid. Icarus are you still doing these mods?

And I hate to ask, but does anyone know of anyone in the states? I find I'm a bit hesitant to ship items overseas.

Sure, I can still do this mod. So far I never lost any package in the mail and I can tell you I shipped a lot of stuff already. :grin2: