Got to show off my lights last night!

Ken2step

Newly Enlightened
I live in the Wichita, Ks area and work for Boeing. Last evening the Boeing Dreamlifter got confused somehow and landed at the wrong airport. Boy was it the wrong airport!! I'm sure if you Google dreamlifter you'll find the story as it went national. Anyway I was part of the tow team that was sent to turn the 747 around. I knew when I got the call that my flashlight fetish was going to come in handy! I took my everyday carry as of late, the Nitecore M26, my Maelstrom S18, Nitecore SRT7 and my Thrunite T31. Everyone I used on that team was blown away by the light! Made me proud as they performed flawlessly and impressively!!
Just thought I would share with you guys and gals as you can appreciate the light.

cheers,
Ken

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A belated welcome to CPF Ken2step!

It's always cool to show off one's lights.

BTW, how are they going to get that Dreamlifter airborne? Strap on some rockets for extra lift?

kelmo

Farcry1010

Newly Enlightened
I live in the Wichita, Ks area and work for Boeing. Last evening the Boeing Dreamlifter got confused somehow and landed at the wrong airport. Boy was it the wrong airport!! I'm sure if you Google dreamlifter you'll find the story as it went national. Anyway I was part of the tow team that was sent to turn the 747 around. I knew when I got the call that my flashlight fetish was going to come in handy! I took my everyday carry as of late, the Nitecore M26, my Maelstrom S18, Nitecore SRT7 and my Thrunite T31. Everyone I used on that team was blown away by the light! Made me proud as they performed flawlessly and impressively!!
Just thought I would share with you guys and gals as you can appreciate the light.

cheers,
Ken
just saw this on my msn homepage.. hahahahha I saw you on the picture I think. I saw the bright flashlight!!! haha

dss_777

Enlightened
You actually USED your lights?!? Like, ...in the REAL WORLD??!!??

Blasphemy!

:)

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
BBC reports that they've managed to take off again, great to hear your lights came in useful!

enzo thecat

Newly Enlightened
You actually USED your lights?!? Like, ...in the REAL WORLD??!!??

Blasphemy!

:)
LOL. Thats hilarious. I got to use mine looking for rodents in the attic once. Seemed like I needed good flashlights a lot more before I started buying the nice stuff.

cubebike

Enlightened
I wonder how could the pilot managed to land on wrong airport!
uzaragem.jpg

Last edited:

cubebike

Enlightened
There are 3 Airports nearby that look alike ^^
Well! The 747 dream lifter is state of the art with modern cockpit! A hand held GPS could give a good navigation not to mention modern aircraft.
Saw the searchlight across the aircraft fuselage during the towing from news. I suspected that was from Ken

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I'm quite envious of this story. I have yet to use my lights for anything real world extravagant like that!!! Way to save the day! I was also wondering if you EDC all four of those lights???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChibiM

Enlightened
The plane should have turned on its lights before landing.. :p

Next time you should give your lights to the pilot, to make sure he is going to land at the right airport...

Ken2step

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite envious of this story. I have yet to use my lights for anything real world extravagant like that!!! Way to save the day! I was also wondering if you EDC all four of those lights???
Hey guys and gals,

Just so you know I do not EDC those 4 large lights. When I got the call I figured it would be pitch dark at that little airport out on the runway so that is why I brought all four of them. I wanted one on both wings and one at the tail plus mine. It turned out to be a very good idea as it was very dark with cloudy sky that night. If you know the lights that I posted.... you know they lit things up beyond what most there thought was possible from hand held flashlights.

thanks for replies and the fun remarks!!

cheers from another fellow Flash-a-holic!!

Ken

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cooool... CPFer flashlights on a major news story!

Sent from somewhere in a tunnel, 42 minutes away from anywhere.