Help me choose... ARC LSH-P or L5?

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Hey Folks,

It's holiday season so I'm greeting the coming year with a new toy. I've been itching for a L5 ever since is release but do to lack of availability, I've yet pulled the trigger. It really won't for EDC because I prefer my L4 for those duties. I'm basing my decision on overall wow factor. I know the CPF wisdom would be "Buy Both" and eventually I will but which to buy first?

Any input will be greatly appreciated

~Stephen

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I sounds to me like you have already made up your mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

machulu

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I won't have the money to buy both anytime soon so I still will have to decide between the two.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'unno.
you already have an EDC.. so the Arc LSH-P might conflict there.. it's just so EDC'able..

and your EDC is in fact an L4.. so you'd have to consider if the new features of the L5 are worth the money, since you've already got the L4..

they're both a couple "Wow!" lights tho.. i'd reccomend going with the light you *think* you'll use more often.

mporter

Newly Enlightened
Get both, try them out and if you really can't afford to keep both sell the one you are willing to part with here. It's the only way to be sure you make the right decision. Maybe you will decide to keep the Arc and the L5 and sell the L4.

These are all great lights but only you can match flashlights to your needs. And only after using them in real life.

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advise guys. I'm leaning towards the ARC. I've been searching old threads on the ARC LS and there is simply too much praise for it to be ignored any longer. The recent thread "What is your favorite light?" also has swayed my decision. On a practical standpoint, the ARC will be most useful for me.

mporter, I'm sure I'll like the ARC and L5 but I can't bring my self to sell a light to get another. I'll be looking for something else to sell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

~Stephen

machulu

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Al, how do you know about my little tin box? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty Al, you`ve got my attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know you know things few mortal men know...what is a X200A? Out with it...spill the beans! Please.

Ken

paulr

Flashaholic
If you already have an L4 and want a smaller light for EDC'ing, try just swapping the L4 battery tube for an E1e tube and running the KL4 head on one cell.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I'm with Al on wanting to get my hands on a X200! But what that has to do with a choice between an Arc LSH-P and a L5 is beyond me! I guess the X200 would fit in a line up between the two lights being considered; huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello machulu, if the criteria is simply to add an impressive light to your collection or something to wow the friends, the L5 is an impressive flashlight to own.

I would not recommend the Arc for reasons other than practicality.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search complete. Hand gun weapon light? Hmm, I don`t know Al...you lost me with this one. Guess its because I don`t have any hand guns...well, an air pistol.

I was hoping it was some secret, up and coming Surefire light, with muti-power levels...oh well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

Size15's

Flashaholic
well waiting for the X200A is my answer to the question of whether to get an ArcLSH-P or SureFire L5!

I don't have any firearms but the X200A is about the most exciting thing to happen to flashlights hopefully before Christmas! It is smaller than my current EDC so I hope it can replace it for a while...

Al

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Gransee, you sir are a class act to recommend a light other than your own. Too late though. As of this afternoon, I have just place an order for an ARC LSH-P. I'm looking foward to making the LS my new EDC along with the L4. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my first ARC.

~Stephen