Anyone have experience with the ThruNite Saber 1A 2014 Edition yet?

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I recently found the newer version on ebay, and am wondering how it compares to the previous Saber 1A model. The 2014 model has a larger-diameter head that can be swapped with the included 1C body, so you get the flexibility of two lights for the cost of one. I appreciate any feedback.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I think it looks quite interesting and was thinking of buying one. Did you end up picking up one? If so, how did you find it?

rje58

Enlightened
I've got the boxed set with the Thrunite Saber 1A and the 1C body. The box is stamped "2014". I have taken them out and tested them to make sure they work and play with them a little, but haven't carried either one or used them much at all.... trying to decide whether to keep them, sell them or gift them.

Was there a specific question that I might be able to answer for you? I don't have the previous model Thrunite Saber 1A or 1C so I can't compare them. It seems like a nice set and certainly for the money! I've seen them as low as $25 to $29 for the boxed set on eBay. That's where I got this set.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I did not pick up the 2014 edition because I ultimately noticed from the pics on ebay (where I found the version) that the head has a foam donut, which leads me to believe this version doesn't have a spring in the body like the T10/Saber. Due to this possibility, I picked up another Saber 1A through the ThruNite store on Amazon before their previous stock ran out.

Based on this review, it appears that ThruNite store might only be selling the 2014 version now.

rje58
, can you confirm the 2014 version uses a foam donut instead of a spring?

rje58

Enlightened
That is correct, the Saber 1A in my 2014 Edition boxed set has a foam donut on the head at the positive contact.

It also has "2014" stamped directly on the outside of the head, right below "Saber 1A".

rje58
, can you confirm the 2014 version uses a foam donut instead of a spring?

Last edited:

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
That is correct, the Saber 1A in my 2014 Edition boxed set has a foam donut on the head at the positive contact.

It also has "2014" stamped directly on the outside of the head, right below "Saber 1A".

Thank you very much, rje58! I appreciate your willingness to answer questions about the light. I am content with my older version.

Latest posts