Jetbeam SRA40 960lm (on primaries or rechargeable)

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
I'm nearly decided on the Jet beam SRA40 but can't find a review that specifies the output on different battery types.
I'm presuming that the max quoted output is whilst running on 1.5v primaries rather than 1.2v eneloops. Anyone know???

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
Don't use Alkaline 1.5v batteries with high output light like this ...

get a nice set of eneloops for much better runtime & regulation , you can charge them in the light aswell

here is a review for the light > http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?373964-JETBeam-SRA40-Review-(XM-L2-960-Lm-4xAA)

I definitely plan on using the eneloops however I notice Jet beam give the OK for alkalines to be used. Just wondered if 1.2v eneloops will achieve Max output and if not, what is Max on rechargeable s

T-roc87

Newly Enlightened
Yes you will be fine with eneloops for max output. Still a bad idea to run alkalines in the light unless you like trying to dig them out when they leak. Stick with eneloops and your light will treat you good!

swan

Banned
Alkaline battery voltage sags much more than Ni-MH under load. Energiser lithium are the only primaries i would use use for a $100 [ high current draw] light other than eneloops and keep the alkalines for the wall clock.