• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired COMPLETED TASK: Hex wrench for V10R Ti+

easilyled

Flashaholic
My V10R Ti+ has the standard clip that came with it attached by Hex screws which defy classification in any standard hex wrench set that I have at my disposal.

Apparently there is a special size hex wrench that usually came with the V10R Ti+ lights that I didn't receive because mine was a modded light.

I would really like to remove the clip, but I can't see how to without having this hex wrench to do it.

So if anyone that possesses one could spare it, then I'd like to buy it from you please. Thanks.

Last edited:

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: Hex wrench for V10R Ti+

I WAS going to say hit the tool truck like Snap-On tools or Mac or Matco tool trucks until I saw your location. Visit your local well stocked hardware stores and ask to see their smallest allen or hex drivers.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I WAS going to say hit the tool truck like Snap-On tools or Mac or Matco tool trucks until I saw your location. Visit your local well stocked hardware stores and ask to see their smallest allen or hex drivers.

Believe me, I have tried. The hex screws for the V10R Ti+ are in between 2 tiny hex drivers that I have both in metric and imperial size. Presumably that is the reason that Sunwayman had to supply this special size hex wrench with this flashlight.

Therefore I really need the Sunwayman hex wrench that is custom made for these stupid-sized screws. Thanks.

3Ms

Newly Enlightened

I doubt they are special sized hex wrench. I would venture to say the screws are low quality with oversized hex. I saw this in the past especially with the very small sizes.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Please, I have done my best to find hex wrenches to fit these screws and I can't.

I'm looking specifically for the hex wrench that Sunwayman supplies as part of the kit.

If you don't have this, please don't suggest an alternative solution.

thslw8jg

Enlightened

Hello easilyLED,

I only have one wrench and need it for my V10Ti+ but I verified that it is not a standard size and appears to be 1.75mm. Screws are not very durable and strip out after removal from a clip. I had to remove a stripped set using a small set of vice grips. Probably why the accessory kit had 3 sets of hex screws.
Have you contacted Sunwayman customer service. I have ordered replacement clips, screws and other parts from them and have always had a positive experience.
Also a local Sunwayman distributor should have the tool if you are in a hurry.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Daniel,

I can't remember exactly which one I used in the past but I recall using a Torx head on the screws. If you have a set of mini torx wrenches try using a 7, 8 or 9 and that may do it. I don't have a V10R Ti at the moment or else I would check for you.

thslw8jg

Enlightened

Just verified that a torx t6 fits with mild force and removes the screw, t5 is too small and t7 is too large.
Great tip SOYCD.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Thanks very much for the useful suggestion, Sean and thslw8jg. I do have a t6 torx and I'll bear this in mind.
My first choice is still to use the correct fitting hex wrench from Sunwayman before I resort to using the torx, in case I strip the screws without being able to remove them with the t6 torx, which would leave things worse than they were before.

I have had a PM from a CPF friend who may find himself with one of these Sunwayman wrenches that he can spare for me so I'll wait and see what develops along that avenue unless anyone else has one that they don't need in the meantime.

:grouphug:

Daniel, I just checked my Thorpe 1/16" (the one we use for McGizmo clips - I know you have one) and it's definitely too big. I'm curious about this, too, and will definitely want to remove mine as well, as I am not a clip guy.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Daniel, I just checked my Thorpe 1/16" (the one we use for McGizmo clips - I know you have one) and it's definitely too big. I'm curious about this, too, and will definitely want to remove mine as well, as I am not a clip guy.

Yes, it beats me why Sunwayman couldn't have used standard sized screws for the V10R Ti+ Troy.
I'll let you know how it goes with my quest. :)

Sometimes I don't mind clips when they are functional (like McGizmo clips) but this clip is neither functional nor nice to look at in my opinion.

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I need to look through my parts bin when I get home to confirm Daniel, but I may have a spare one. If I do, I'd be happy to send it to you.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did a bunch of digging tonight, but unfortunately I didn't find even one wrench - let alone a spare second one. Sorry Daniel. :(

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a spare wrench that was mailed to me after I got my Ti+.... But the wrench was for the extra screws they sent me, not the screws that were on the light. Yes somehow the screws on my light were different than the ones they sent out after.

Let me go through my box of parts when I'm back in town and see if I have it

easilyled

Flashaholic

I have a spare wrench that was mailed to me after I got my Ti+.... But the wrench was for the extra screws they sent me, not the screws that were on the light. Yes somehow the screws on my light were different than the ones they sent out after.

Let me go through my box of parts when I'm back in town and see if I have it

Thank you very much. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic

UPDATE: I've removed the screws with the Torx T6 thanks to the advice of Sean and thslw8jg.
As thslw8jg said, it just required some moderate force pushing the T6 into the hole of the screws.

Therefore I'll edit this thread as COMPLETED TASK.

Thanks to everyone who answered with suggestions. :thumbsup: :bow:

Latest posts