To those of you having issues with your TN12, try this first

Hard Drive

Newly Enlightened
I was having a heck of a time with my new Thrunite TN12 out of the box. I tried everything, cleaning the contacts (several times), swapped batteries (both cr123s and 18650s of multiple brands, switching the tail switches and everything I could think of. I was rather upset, I loved the look and feel of the little pocket rocket, and the deals on them are amazing now that the model is discontinued. I begrudgingly went to website who is named after a river in South American to issue a return invoice. I boxed it up in its original container with sad eyes. Before I taped the box up, I wanted to give it one last shot and I unscrewed the head and the tail. Then it dawned on me....:eek:oo:

The Head was screwed onto the "tailcap", and the tailcap onto the "head" threads. The twist rates are the same, for both sections so you could easily screw the wrong section onto the wrong part. They have the same twist rate but only the flat edge of the tailcap threads is un-anodized, and the head threads the whole threads are un-anodized. I realized it came this way out of the box (well I'll be honest I think it did, but you never know with me). I felt (and still feel) like a total idiot :shakehead.

What would happen is that if I clicked it on it would flash on for .1 seconds like a camera light and then stay off. If I squeezed the thing together and twisted it a whole bunch of times while swearing at it sometimes it would end up in firefly/moonlight mode, and stay on in that setting. I am writing this up because I was looking through the forums as well as all over the web for an answer on how to fix it. There were at least 10 people with this exact same issue with their, but no one had a solution. Occam's Razor I guess:eek:.

Now I still do have a weird quirk with the tn12 though (actually this is my second flashlight that has a weird problem just like this oddly enough). When I turn it on in high mode sometimes it blinks on/off (like a slow strobe) for 3 seconds, and then stays lit. At first I though it was a battery indicator or something (you know like 3 blinks for high, 2 for medium, 1 for low or something), but it only does it sometimes, and there is nothing written about it in the literature. Like I said I have another flashlight that does this more too (a 3t6) and it seems pretty bizarre issue, that no one has seemed to have heard of. Honestly I am suspecting the batteries. Just ordered some panasonics 3000mahs, so I'll see that fixes it.

Anyway I hope if this helps one person then it was worth mentioning.

birderbill

Newly Enlightened
snip...
Now I still do have a weird quirk with the tn12 though (actually this is my second flashlight that has a weird problem just like this oddly enough). When I turn it on in high mode sometimes it blinks on/off (like a slow strobe) for 3 seconds, and then stays lit. At first I though it was a battery indicator or something (you know like 3 blinks for high, 2 for medium, 1 for low or something), but it only does it sometimes, and there is nothing written about it in the literature. Like I said I have another flashlight that does this more too (a 3t6) and it seems pretty bizarre issue, that no one has seemed to have heard of. Honestly I am suspecting the batteries. Just ordered some panasonics 3000mahs, so I'll see that fixes it.

Anyway I hope if this helps one person then it was worth mentioning.

My TN12 now does the same when 1st turned on at high...3 slow flashes, irritating as hell.

It is a decent pocket rocket, but my go to small light now is the PD32 UE in neutral/warm, wish I would of bought a couple more of these while they were available.