Mod nitecore EX10 to take 18650?

lightcrazed

Newly Enlightened
I've been using a EX10R2 as an EDC for a few years with AW RCR750s. It's a nice light, but always seems to run out of juice when I need it most. It seems like RCR123s are not evolving, and I have a Deerelight DBS V2 which runs a long time on a single 18650. My newest light is a Spark SX5 headlamp which I ran on one 18650 until I made the leap to a 26650. MORE RUNTIME!
So, any ideas on modding the EX10 to run on an 18650? And can it, without harm? I'm looking for the shortest, smallest diameter light I can carry on my belt.
I've done research on other lights but I'm a user, not a collector. I already have 18650 batteries and charger.
I do have an extension tube I got with my Deerelight but never used. The diameter is larger but it's sized for the 18650.
I don't do machining but have a neighbor who's a gunsmith, so anything's possible.
Please let me know what you think-
John

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the same light and like it alot too. But I think it would be rather difficult to mod it so you can use a 18650. You would have to make your own battery tube and then there is the piston design which would make this alot harder. Better look for a single 18650 light, there are many out there in a small package like the Olight S20 for example.

rayman

lightcrazed

Newly Enlightened
Thanks- I came to the same conclusion after seeing how the sleeve moves the battery to turn it on. Since I want something small and to spend no more than necessary I ordered a ShiningBeam s-mini XP-G. That ought to suit me fine.