Fenix Outfitters        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO+

  1. #91
    Flashaholic Kindle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buckeyeland
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by spc View Post
    If they made this out of ti...
    ...I'd be happy if they didn't break when you sneeze in the general direction.

  2. #92

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    ...I'd be happy if they didn't break when you sneeze in the general direction.
    Same happened to me. Such a pain. Other than that, what a quality piece of kit!

  3. #93
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    ...I'd be happy if they didn't break when you sneeze in the general direction.
    Might be luck of the draw, but I've been carrying my orange 4-mode L10 Nichia 219 as my primary ENC (EveryNight Carry) after dark and while sleeping since Dec 2012 , and it's still going strong. Granted, it hasn't seen much adversity at night, but I dropped it twice last night onto laminate floor from 4 feet up, and the twisty torch still works as expected.

    Thinking about getting the same model in natural finish while they are still available.
    The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. - Felix Adler

  4. #94

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shawn View Post
    Might be luck of the draw, but I've been carrying my orange 4-mode L10 Nichia 219 as my primary ENC (EveryNight Carry) after dark and while sleeping since Dec 2012 , and it's still going strong. Granted, it hasn't seen much adversity at night, but I dropped it twice last night onto laminate floor from 4 feet up, and the twisty torch still works as expected.

    Thinking about getting the same model in natural finish while they are still available.
    I'm glad to know some samples seem to survive drops.

    My L11C died falling onto laminate flooring from a 30" tall desk.

    From opening it up, I think the solder joints between the inductor and the PCB (which the battery hammers against if it lands bezel down) are cracked, but it's really hard to tell, even after photographing it with a macro lens.

    There's no room to try to resolder it with an iron, but if I ever have access to a hot air station, I'd like to see if I can fix it.

    It's been sitting in a drawer, broken, for well over a year. I haven't seen any light since then that seems like it would make a better EDC for my purposes.

    I hesitate to buy a new one since I might kill it just as easily, but in the meantime I make do with a variety of other lights depending on the situation.

    SB Flashlights could probably convince me to replace it if they'd offer closeout pricing on anything other than their 10 random light grab bags.

  5. #95
    *Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    5,363

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shawn View Post
    Might be luck of the draw, but I've been carrying my orange 4-mode L10 Nichia 219 as my primary ENC (EveryNight Carry) after dark and while sleeping since Dec 2012 , and it's still going strong. Granted, it hasn't seen much adversity at night, but I dropped it twice last night onto laminate floor from 4 feet up, and the twisty torch still works as expected.

    Thinking about getting the same model in natural finish while they are still available.
    I too have a 4-5 year old orange 4 mode that runs well when I fire it up! It fell out of my pocket once, but it doesn’t run on protected 14500s.

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  6. #96
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: L3 Illumination L10 (XP-G2 R5 or Nichia 219, 1xAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMS, VIDEO

    Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    I'm glad to know some samples seem to survive drops.

    My L11C died falling onto laminate flooring from a 30" tall desk.

    From opening it up, I think the solder joints between the inductor and the PCB (which the battery hammers against if it lands bezel down) are cracked, but it's really hard to tell, even after photographing it with a macro lens.

    There's no room to try to resolder it with an iron, but if I ever have access to a hot air station, I'd like to see if I can fix it.

    It's been sitting in a drawer, broken, for well over a year. I haven't seen any light since then that seems like it would make a better EDC for my purposes.

    I hesitate to buy a new one since I might kill it just as easily, but in the meantime I make do with a variety of other lights depending on the situation.

    SB Flashlights could probably convince me to replace it if they'd offer closeout pricing on anything other than their 10 random light grab bags.
    I do recall seeing multiple failure reports with the clicky models, but not as many reports with the twisty models. Maybe you'd have better luck with the existing stock for sale?

    I would love to see closeout pricing on the other L3 Illumination items. I do check their website regularly.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGarrett View Post
    I too have a 4-5 year old orange 4 mode that runs well when I fire it up! It fell out of my pocket once, but it doesn’t run on protected 14500s.

    Chris
    Great to hear, Chris! I'm content with using Eneloops/Duraloops in my L10.
    The hero is one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. - Felix Adler

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •