Nitecore TM11 broken glass window

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find a replacement for the glass window on my TM11?

Can one be made locally with a person who makes windows and works with glass?

Thanks!

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Do you know the dimensions of the glass window? With luck it may be an available size.

Unfortunately the glass is now in tiny pieces so taking a measurement at this time is too late.

I've kept a sample for thickness and edge shape. I could measure the inner diameter of the light with my digital caliper if it helps.

Disciple

Enlightened
Yes, I think that should do (thickness and ID). You could also ask here for someone to measure the TM11 window. Once you have a specification we can try to find a match.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
I was able to measure the thickness to be 2.20 mm but estimated the diameter to be 57 mm. Not sure I will find these exact specs but I am also unsure about t he tolerances.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
the TM11 takes threaded camera filters, I would just buy a clear camera filter and use it as a replacement bezel. My capliers put it at 52mm. This would mean loosing the steel bezel though.

-- Adam

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
I just found a 52 mm clear filter but it's just too small for this light. I need 57 mm to make this work.

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
my digital calipers put it closer to 58mm. Sorry about that, 58mm is a very standard camera lens filter size, so that makes a lot more sense. i got 52mm with a pair plastic calipers i use for rough measurements. If it helps you find the correct filter, its compatible with the M3C4 from Eagletac, i use their diffuser on mine.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
You could try here for an inexpensive 58mm x 2mm thick lens:

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1970

Thanks for finding this. I gave up searching for lenses larger than 55 mm in diameter.

Are you absolutely certain that this lens will fit? I measured the glass to be 57 mm but I am not sure about the tolerances on this one. 58 mm could mean 57.x mm or 58.x mm leaving me with a large margin of error. A picture of a caliper measuring the glass would be extremely helpful.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
My second glass replacement broke again and I forgot where I bought the first one from.

cnqualitygoods only accept paypal but since it is not supported in my country, I will have to look elsewhere.

Any ideas where I could find a replacement? I've been browsing for an hour without any luck.