Dereelight EDC light-DA3 - Hard to find?

d2eux

Newly Enlightened
This looks like a great compact, high quality AAA light, but it looks like its only available on Dereelight's website. Is that the usual case with Dereelight offerings? Also, shipping $25, really?

random155

Newly Enlightened
Tell me about it. Im trying to find a LED pill for my dereelight dbs v2, and I can only find it from their site. $25 pill with $25 shipping... Im just going to get a new light.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
As far as U.S. retailers, the DA3 was available for a time from flashlightconnection.com That is where I purchased mine. But he said there was too little interest for him to be able to continue selling it, and he returned the remainder of his product to Dereelight.

Flashlightconnection explained to me that a small percentage of the DA3 he sold have the tint pictured in the review thread below. If you decide to purchase the DA3, ask the retailer or Dereelight.com to evaluate the tint of a few DA3 for you in case you desire that tint or in case you desire to avoid that tint.

I'm very pleased with how very bright the spill is. But my criticism is that the medium mode is nearly identical to the low mode. If I hold the DA3 about six inches or less away from something, then I can see a slight difference in brightness.

"Dereelight DA3 Review"
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335181-Dereelight-DA3-Review

Last edited:

d2eux

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the tip Mojave. so lets say I tell Dereelight i dont desire the tint. do they replace it with something else?

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
What I meant by my suggestion in my previous post is that perhaps Dereelight will personally select the tint (cool white or warm-ish) that you want your DA3 to have. Some businesses will do this, and some businesses for one reason or another will not; regarding other brands of flashlights, three different businesses kindly selected a tint to help me avoid a tint that was green or blue or purple.

I found the email from Jay @ flashlightconnection; he said that normally the DA3 XP-G's are cool white, but about one out of fifteen is fairly warm. He said he was not sure why this is the case as the LED's are all from the same tint bin.

Although flashlightconnection does not sell the DA3 anymore, I wonder if they would be able to special order a DA3 for you the next time that flashlightconnection has to place an order from Dereelight for other parts and models.

In your first post you said that Dereelight will charge $ 25 to ship the DA3. But at the link on their website for the DA3, it says that the DA3 is $ 36 and shipped free to worldwide by registered mail. But then when I put it into the cart and proceed to the checkout, then the checkout says that there is a $ 25 shipping fee.

Is their statement about free shipping in error, or is their $25 shipping at checkout in error ?
shrug.gif

Last edited:

d2eux

Newly Enlightened
What I meant by my suggestion in my previous post is that perhaps Dereelight will personally select the tint (cool white or warm-ish) that you want your DA3 to have. Some businesses will do this, and some businesses for one reason or another will not; regarding other brands of flashlights, three different businesses kindly selected a tint to help me avoid a tint that was green or blue or purple.

I found the email from Jay @ flashlightconnection; he said that normally the DA3 XP-G's are cool white, but about one out of fifteen is fairly warm. He said he was not sure why this is the case as the LED's are all from the same tint bin.

Although flashlightconnection does not sell the DA3 anymore, I wonder if they would be able to special order a DA3 for you the next time that flashlightconnection has to place an order from Dereelight for other parts and models.

In your first post you said that Dereelight will charge $ 25 to ship the DA3. But at the link on their website for the DA3, it says that the DA3 is $ 36 and shipped free to worldwide by registered mail. But then when I put it into the cart and proceed to the checkout, then the checkout says that there is a $ 25 shipping fee.

Is their statement about free shipping in error, or is their $25 shipping at checkout in error ?
shrug.gif

didnt notice that bit about free shipping. looks like an email to customer service is in order