Has any of you had this problem with your flashlight?

power911

Newly Enlightened
1424551_10202046115227910_2075518579_n.jpg

I apologize if I'm not posting this on the right thread. (if not then mods please help redirect)

Has any of you had this problem where dust or cloth fibers get into the lens and you cannot clean it because it is not removable?
I may be a fan of waterproof but dust and fibers seeping into the lens kinda bugged me lols.
It didn't affect the beam actually but I just got a lil annoyed with it.

flashlight above was an unknown LED flashlight I bought from my local hardware store~

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say I've ever had an issue like that with any light I've ever bought...

pompous_ass_captain

Newly Enlightened
I actually did end up having this problem once, the store I bought it from was extremely lax about their return policy, and let me exchange it. I just went in and asked if they knew how to open it/get rid of it, but instead they asked if I just wanted to change it.

jaycyu

Enlightened
It would bug me if my Quad's optic has scratches, distracting me from a really nice warm tint in moonlight mode which I stare into all day. However, for real usage at 5.6A, the dust and finger prints don't show up.

In your case, it's a story of violence vs threadlocker. Since you're here already power911, can I tempt you with modular 6P's and L2P's which lenses can be accessed and upgraded to 99% transmission glass sold at flashlightlens.com? It has all the sizes you need. :naughty:

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I actually have a similar issue with a new Surefire G2X Pro purchased on eBay at a great price only because the owner didn't like how the lens look inside with smudges/spots, easy to see when the light is on. I called Surfire and I was told not to remove the bezel because on this model it's not designed to be removed, instead I would need to ship it to them for repairs (not replacement) but I need to cover the shipping cost, so I decided to keep it the way it is since I don't have time to be packaging and shipping stuff, the spots inside the lens doesn't bug me and it doesn't effect the output or clarity, I'm just surprised that Surefire QC dept. let this one slip through their fingers.

edj3.jpg

Last edited:

power911

Newly Enlightened
I actually did end up having this problem once, the store I bought it from was extremely lax about their return policy, and let me exchange it. I just went in and asked if they knew how to open it/get rid of it, but instead they asked if I just wanted to change it.

this actually happened to me XD
just got mine changed and now I'm with clean n clear lens :D

wow I didn't realize this was quite a common case

well I did have a story on how to fix the fibers on my flashlight before exchanging mine to a new one lol
depending on what contaminants (and what lens material), the fibers in my flashlight reacts to static (just a little)
I just stroke a straw with some tissue in McD and it somewhat moved the fibers and dust but just a tad bit.
I managed to get one off the lens then I gave up and just asked for replacement
Just thought of sharing it for goods :D

Tiresius

Enlightened
I get this from all my lights purchased throughout my history of buying lights over many years. A little dust and over time, the dusts collect because the rings had dusts or the manufacturers did not wear gloves and in a clean environment. THE ONLY light that had no specks behind the lens was a Mac's Custom SST-50 EDC. You can always expect that custom work and modders have no dusts, whatsoever.