Where to buy 4Sevens Mini MA in Canada

kantonio

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a Canadian dealer who sells the 4Sevens Mini MA. Would like to pick up a few as Christmas presents (and maybe one for me too). I've tried Warriors and Wonders, who doesn't carry the Mini MA, but carries the Quark Mini AA, but is sold out. Tried Outsyder Adventures but they only have 1 left in stock. MEC only carries the Mini ML.Anyone here familiar with the Canadian scene? Thanks.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want that light specifically? Or just any small AA twisty?

kantonio

Newly Enlightened
Do you want that light specifically? Or just any small AA twisty?

I am specifically looking for the Mini MA as I did some research and find it to be a pretty awesome light for the price (about $40 CDN). I`m open to other suggestions that folks might have though on something similar. Already checked out the Fenix line-up. Not impressed. Thx.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Moiuntain Equipment Co Op does have a few 4Seven lights. Not sure about this particular one, but check them out

bla2000

Enlightened
I checked Warriors and Wonders and Foursevens Quark MiNi AA Satin Titanium R5 (90 Lumens) looks to be in stock. btw, I've yet to purchase anything from them so I don't know how accurate their stock level are.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

kantonio

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Folks. I appreciate the responses.

Imma keep looking. But here's my rant first.

I was pointed to W&W by 4Sevens Customer Service, before I started this thread. Unfortunately, they're out of stock, and only carry the Quark Mini AA (which is no longer available on the 4sevens.com site). When I mentioned this to 4Sevens they said the Quark Mini AA is the same as the Mini MA, but that W&W probably forgot to update the naming. I find that laughable because on the 4sevens.ca website, they also sell the Quark Mini AA and not the Mini MA, so looks like they haven't even updated their own site. In addition, on the 4sevens.ca site, it's $20 more expensive ($59) which is just crazy, considering that everywhere else sells it for around $40, like MEC for the Mini ML. So no, 4sevens.ca is not an option for me.

Outsyder Adventure seems to have them in stock, but I think they limit it to one per customer and I'd like to order 4 or 5 of them.

In any case, not angry, but I don't think this was meant to be when only 3 retailers in all of Canada sell 4Sevens.

Happy Holidays!

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
kantonio:

You might be overlooking the difference in emitter. The MiNi AA at 4sevens.ca uses the XP-G2 while the Mini ML (CR123) at mec.ca uses the XP-G. In addition, mec.ca does not appear (at this time) to sell the MiNi AA/Mini MA.

My family has XP-G2 AAA-based flashlights, and I can see the improved brightness in the spill and in the hotspot.

Also, while warriorsandwonders.com lists (but is out of stock of) the XP-G2 MiNi AA at a price lower than 4sevens.ca, there is also the consideration of shipping and handling. The prices at 4sevens.ca include 3-day shipping to Canadian locations while it appears that there is a separate shipping and handling charge at warriorsandwonders.com

Outsyder Adventures carries the XP-G2 version of the MiNi AA/Mini MA and offers free 4-day shipping inside Canada, but you noted that they restrict the quantity you can purchase.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a dumb question, but does Canada have a big import tax? Can you just order from the US Fourseven.com site and have them ship it? (I thought they have free global shipping). I agree that 4sevens.ca site looks messed up, the black background website was their old format..... I see they are selling the QAA2X for $2,379.10 CAD too :)

Up All Night

Enlightened
The Four Sevens Canada site doesn't seem to get updated often, at least as I remember. Consider the price posted is inclusive of tax & shipping. So, if you're looking for multiple lights it may be worth your while to send an email or call to see about consolidating the shipping.

Warriors & Wonders listed prices do not include tax or shipping. Shipping rates vary by destination.

kantonio

Newly Enlightened
Just a dumb question, but does Canada have a big import tax? Can you just order from the US Fourseven.com site and have them ship it? (I thought they have free global shipping). I agree that 4sevens.ca site looks messed up, the black background website was their old format..... I see they are selling the QAA2X for $2,379.10 CAD too :)

We'll find out. ;) I just ordered from the Foursevens.com website since they had free shipping. They were $40 USD each. Hoping that the duties and conversion don't kill me. Also used some discount code I found here in the forums.