Sunwayman M11R problem

djdawg

Enlightened
I just received a M11R and wanted to ask .............
Upon putting a RCR eagletac in it , after turning the light off........it will flash every 10 to 15 seconds
Then I installed a regular SF batt. ........... with that batt , the light wont turn off at all.
I know Iam gonna send it back , but ........... does anyone know what the problem is ???
Thanks dj

djdawg

Enlightened
Upon changeing batts back n forth ............it now stays on with either batt installed.
It wont turn completely off :confused:

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
I received a new Sunwayman M11R (gray) today and it also flashes. I tried an AW 16340 and an AW 14500 and they both flashed. I then tried an Eagletac 14500 and it also flashed. Lastly, I tried a Surefire CR 123 and it didn't flash. I have owned a natural color Sunwayman M11R for months and I've never had a problem with it. I'm returning the light to the dealer tomorrow for an exchange.

RTR882

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. My MR11 Natural Anodized works perfectly with either sort of battery. On the other hand my Ti version of the same light flashes when off if I use a rechargeable. Returned for repair. If you look at the Sunwayman forum, this seems to be a common problem with the Titanium versions which probably use the same circuit as the aluminum ones.

ceramichip2

Newly Enlightened
I had two of the titanium versions and they both flashed. The second one was supposedly from a new batch from Sunwayman. I was able to get a refund.

djdawg

Enlightened
I returned mine today in the mail .............. I told them the problem over the phone and they said that was strange ......send it in for replacement.
I ask to make sure they other one worked before shipping it to me , they said they would.
Iam glad I bought it from a reputable company ..................

EddyAB

Newly Enlightened
Yes: had the identical issue. I ended up by taking it to pieces and identified a small magnet which had degraded. Managed to carefully drill it out and replaced it with new powerful magnet (from China)... et voilà! Has worked perfectly ever since I repaired it over two years ago.
Not an easy task, but worth the hours spent: it's a great flashlight.

Attachments

• Sirius.pdf
    552.8 KB · Views: 142

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Mr. Elfin M11R going on 9 years and it's been flawless. My only gripe with it, coming from a V10R and then a V11R, is that it doesn't get any brighter with a 16340 vs. a CR123A.

Chris