Does Anyone Still Use the SureFire KL1?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Geoff, I thought I was the only one with a special "winter EDC". Since I wear an LL Bean 3-Seasons jacket in the winter, it allows me to stuff an additional light or two in the pockets.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
don't use it anymore.
bigger than the Arc at the same brightness, the driver is less efficient thus loosing runtime, and on a two-cell light there is either better (McLux-PR at various power levels) or brighter (KL4 or McLux-PR).
gave it to my mother so that she could be equipped to the standards of a flashaholic's mother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
did I say I really like the McLux-PR?
bernhard

Tombeis

Enlightened
The KL-1 on E1 is my backup for the L4 in the belt holster.

It is in my pocket all day every day and nights too.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't even have a KL1, but would like to get one. When they're modded with an R-binned emitter, they look great! I do use a "KL1 equivalent," an E1E modded by lambda to use a regulated low dome Q-binned emitter in place of the bulb. It's my favorite walk through the woods flashlight because it pumps out a great beam with just enough throw for comfort and just enough sidespill not to walk into an overhanging branch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would use mine if it was modded for a R2H binned led and optic changed out to a LP Fraen.

Bill

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a red, green, and blue KL1. They all reside on E1e's, but the red is the only one that gets any real use. I wish I had a red L1 for the two-stage brightness, but I have to use a mostly dead cell in the KL1 instead.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I EDC one on a E1e that CM modded with a Q something at 1 amp it is white and bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
I would use mine if it was modded for a R2H binned led and optic changed out to a LP Fraen.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bump up the current to 750 mA and that's my KL1! I love it with the new Fraen!

Peter

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have 3 E1e/KL1s. I use one of them at work sometimes because I can clip it on a ball cap for use as a headlamp. I just got another KL1 for a McLux 3x123 for the long runtime and small size. This is for use at work also.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I scored in the luxeon lottery (on a second hand purchase no less) and mine is as white as an LS so I put it on an E1e and use it around the apartment.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My KL1 is still mounted on the front of my E1. On a scale of 1 - 10, my modding skills are about 2. So, I suspect that my E1 and KL1 will stay stuck on each other for the forseeable future.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use it on my UBH with three 123 lithium cells. It's definitely brighter than my ARC LSH-P (but a whole lot bigger).

-Keith