D25LC2 owners.. I'm having a problem...

anedae

Newly Enlightened
I have a brand new d25lc2 click that I've been trying to set the moonlight mode on and off with the instructions per eagletac's product specs site... but starting in head loose, and tightening/loosening 3 times doesn't seem to do a thing to the modes. It stays exactly the same - no lower output anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my light bugged?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a brand new d25lc2 click that I've been trying to set the moonlight mode on and off with the instructions per eagletac's product specs site... but starting in head loose, and tightening/loosening 3 times doesn't seem to do a thing to the modes. It stays exactly the same - no lower output anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my light bugged?

LC2 and C2 don't have moonlight. the instructions apply to the other models in the D25 series

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
While it's true the LC2 does not have a sub-lumen mode, it should still be programmable with the 3x tighten bezel routine giving you a L1/M1/H and L2/M2/H on loose bezel. However, based on Selfbuilt's review of the 2012 version, the difference between L1/L2 and M1/M2 is ~2x lumens. That is barely perceptible with the naked eye, especially if you cannot compare them alternately side-by-side. However, if you have a camera with manual exposure settings, there are a couple of ways you can confirm the difference.

Up All Night

Enlightened
There is an ever so slight difference in the settings for low and by no means are they even close to moonlight. I have two flavours of this light, XM-L & XP-G2, both exhibit the same issue.
You can drive yourself crazy, like I did, twisting and trying to convince yourself you can see a difference but it is hardly worth it.

I would also recommend NOT asking for input from friends regarding the difference in output, general nastiness and insults regarding each others eyesight quickly ensue!
Regardless, I still find them a great EDC, YMMV!

inetdog

Enlightened
Only a minimally perceptible output difference, but still a factor of two in runtime. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Coherent Light

Newly Enlightened
I have the XP-G2 neutral. I could only "see" the difference with a Digital Multimeter with its lux function. Chose the lower output for the longer runtime.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference is almost impossible to perceive without equipment as others have said. I had a D25LC2 and had the same experience. The manual stated the D25CL2 does not have the moonlight mode, however. I also had two D25A clickies and they both had the moonlight as advertised. The difference was pretty noticeable with the D25A clicky. On li-ion the moonlight was probably 3 or so lumens but with AA it was probably less than 1 lumen, a true moonlight.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only a minimally perceptible output difference, but still a factor of two in runtime. :)

Yeah, I told myself that once too many times and ended up becoming a sub-/low- lumen junkie ;-)

supra1988t

Newly Enlightened
The difference is definitely there on my D25C Ti but I wouldn't call it moonlight.