))) Dereelight NM400 Pocket Aspheric

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Dereelight has kept quiet for a while,,
but they also have more turn-key aspherics than just about anyone.

Now they have a small duty size aspheric for your thrower needs w/ single 18650

Dereelight NM400

Add:: Staying w/ the Dereelight principal,, the NM400 looks easily upgradable via pill swap

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just looked at it on their site, $78.

:D

I wish they'd list cd for it though.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I guess I could make some comment about poor regulation or short runtime . . . :poke: . . . however, I think I will leave this one alone!

LOL

I think I covered it already...quickly.

:D

a3n

Newly Enlightened
User Manual NM400

nm400.png

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too bad there isn't an option to buy just the host without a pill in it. Many of us would quickly replace the standard pill for one over-driven and de-domed. An XP-G2 de-domed on copper at 3 amps would be a nice little thrower. If this design is like other Dereelight designs the pill will be making good contact with the body for better thermal performance. On my Dereelight DBS lights the pill was snug in the reflector and the reflector was tightly up against the head/body and the same was true for the aspheric head.

Another funny thing to me is that aspheric lights don't need multi-modes in my opinion. Their sole purpose is for throw and they are virtually useless up close(without a diffuser) so why have lower modes? More runtime for an aspheric? This is a pocket thrower for fun and not a true search and rescue light so it doesn't need to run for hours with an aspheric beam. :shrug: That only makes sense since this is probably using the same pills as the other Dereelight products.

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
It's too bad there isn't an option to buy just the host without a pill in it. Many of us would quickly replace the standard pill for one over-driven and de-domed. An XP-G2 de-domed on copper at 3 amps would be a nice little thrower. If this design is like other Dereelight designs the pill will be making good contact with the body for better thermal performance. On my Dereelight DBS lights the pill was snug in the reflector and the reflector was tightly up against the head/body and the same was true for the aspheric head.

Another funny thing to me is that aspheric lights don't need multi-modes in my opinion. Their sole purpose is for throw and they are virtually useless up close(without a diffuser) so why have lower modes? More runtime for an aspheric? This is a pocket thrower for fun and not a true search and rescue light so it doesn't need to run for hours with an aspheric beam. :shrug: That only makes sense since this is probably using the same pills as the other Dereelight products.

+1 but I do find myself using low in secret backyard spec ops;)

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
I could see the 30% low being useful... still probably bright enough for more casual use, but extends runtime quite a bit.

Anyone received one yet? Is it "focus-able" at all?

firelord777

Enlightened
I could see the 30% low being useful... still probably bright enough for more casual use, but extends runtime quite a bit.

Anyone received one yet? Is it "focus-able" at all?

Mine will ship after Feb 10 because of the Spring Festival, I'll let you know how it is until then;)

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
Somewhere along the way in investigating this light (meaning I have no source to quote), I recall (iffy at best) that the head unit has a blacked-out reflector. Also recall that it was developed for closeup search-and-rescue purposes, with an effective throw out to ~ 30 yards. Therefore the estimated 36 kcd.

PLEASE tell me I'm wrong so I can buy this light!!!