Mini Maglite 2xAAA LED

cbb

Newly Enlightened
So Ace Hardware had a 50% off coupon last Saturday only. I printed one and looked to see what they had for a little carry light. I had not thought about the triple A minimag but it sure looked like an easy to carry piece, it is. It has fought for space in my pocket and earned a spot. 84 lumens of reasonable throw and more flood than one would expect for it's tiny dimensions. I lined them up on the kitchen table with my 30 year old 3 D, my wife's 15 year old 2 AA and the brightest and smallest of the family. I have not seen much mention of this guy and at $9 out the door, I could not pass it up. :takeit:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111522233@N04/11373159545/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111522233@N04/11373184246/in/photostream/

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AAA minimag LED is a pretty decent light. Watch for alkaleaks leaking inside. I had great experience with Eneloop AAAs in mine.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one. But I would like to get one. I actually like the 2xAAA format, as it is both more capable than 1xAAA and less bulky than 1xAA.

Last edited:

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I'm a HVAC technician and have several brighter lights but my 2-AAA maglite rides in my pocket everyday. I try to run eneloops but can't always as it gets allot of use. Great little light.

County

Newly Enlightened
I liked this light for all of the reasons described here. However, both of mine developed the typical mini mag LED switch problem where it would intermittently fail to illuminate on twist, or spontaneously switch off altogether. And this was only after a minimal use over a couple weeks. I hope an engineering revision will fix this.

cancow

Newly Enlightened
You can get them for under $9 on amazon. I miss the 3 AA Maglite made a few years ago.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get them for under $9 on amazon.

Plus $5 shipping, which brings the price pretty close to what you would pay to have it today from Target or Home Depot. What REALLY amazes me is that MANY sellers on Amazon (including Amazon themselves) want MORE for this light than you would pay at a typical brick and mortar store - and with the cost of shipping on top of that! I guess they're hoping that people will just figure that online deals are ALWAYS better without checking at local stores first.

Last edited: